advertisement

JVC AX-Z1010TN - Review (part II)

That's still a very good price for an XL-Z1010TN.

ebay-kleinanzeigen is a bit like Gumtree in UK : some sellers are happy to ship (that's how I acquired my Z711, which was sent - very well packed indeed - from somewhere near Berlin to me near Amsterdam.

I tried to buy the amp, but it is no longer available. I said if you sell to me I promise Scotland will not beat Germany in the World Cup for the next 13 years, but to no avail.

Could the JVC XP-A1010 'Digital Acoustic Processor' share the same/similar digital circuitry as the AX-Z1010TN?

There is one on ebay for $200.

Could the JVC XP-A1010 'Digital Acoustic Processor' share the same/similar digital circuitry as the AX-Z1010TN?

There is one on ebay for $200.

Same quality as it's part of the Titan line series, but no K2 anti-jitter circuit as it was most likely intended to be used with the AX-Z1010TN amp.

Apart from that particular amp, I think the only other units with the K2 circuit were the XL-Z1010TN & XL-Z1050TN CD players (plus some later iterations not in the Titan line range).

Presumably if you own both the amp and one of the K2 equipped CD players, you use the digital out from the CD player, bypassing its K2 circuit to use the K2 circuit in the amp, which seems to make the CD K2 superfluous (as its styling is totally Titan range, so not designed to use with other amps)...

I've seen the K2 DAT deck a few times, which looks like a well designed beast. I only picked an XL-Z1010TN to expirience that K2 goodness with my other amps ;)

Been a while since I gushed........

TD ‘Force Majeure’ just superb.

The phono stage continues to amaze.

It allows the mixture of synths and real instruments to really be heard.

I really couldn’t agree more!

I swopped out my Benz Ace for my old Technics epc310, just for a change.
At the same time using my Lounge Audio Copla into the JVCs mm stage...superb.

After a couple of Lps I removed the Copla and and went directly to the JVCs mc, even more preferable, when I can be bothered the Copla will be sold.

I can think of no better purchase I’ve made in the previous many many years so it’s a big thanks to Gassor for selling me the JVC at a most generous price...Quad Classic integrated anybody?

Cheers....Dave

Been a while since I gushed........

TD ‘Force Majeure’ just superb.

The phono stage continues to amaze.

It allows the mixture of synths and real instruments to really be heard.

The phono stage is really very good, did you not change something to match better to a Troika? I have a rebuilt Troika from Expert Stylus so not sure if it would be the same after.

Yes.

I swapped out the OP Amp for a better one:-
y4mKBfTh7T8D5EdERZfgjCxtgNh8ZucOtHV8BVxZUMdBEpzyFJsQLmn0L2WT31Nrjc3dFRCgQWu29zmGpeq2J8ufIRwp3CwJPSIAvtYUSUgFMK-ZcYN6E-VZrH-t1yODkLaxxMoZ85HkU4ZTMMFoKeD4YmbI459JPcTaHKvIaOhsQXP4reBGpSI0Wuyj7a1RS4rrFH9Y2ej4zHpTFK0zsWktw

And changed the loading resistors to 560Ohm, from 100Ohm.
This made a very noticeable difference in the treble.

y4mpsJEggA7BjvuxwIsER9IOxyFjUtCoTRRJu2nZU4KWk6MGMGsYQpLkmuaq0dhKb_SRh4kHZyEodMMwryhZjhaVbHvsOqTrVb3ozPLupKk8IHlxS-C-uPBb9RNTioq6VsVWTq92f2d6NiIybLf06P6EjROf9pUKOEhyEAyjPcCVJR3av_eHe6qR1u8gSPtULENqM7wtxlj5og9IEse3O9ILA

The K3 dac is unable to process 24 bit audio and these higher bit rates are increasing on Tidal. The new Van Morrison album for example requires me switching to another dac.

It can do 24bit. What it can’t do is sampling rates above 48k.

You must be using MQA. In settings unselect allow software decoding.

If you want full MQA then you will need an MQA DAC.

It can do 24bit. What it can’t do is sampling rates above 48k.

You must be using MQA. In settings unselect allow software decoding.

If you want full MQA then you will need an MQA DAC.

Cheers, I'll give it a go.

Just a quickie...I know the mc phono stage is very good but has anybody tried either a decent head amp or a decent quality sut into the mm stage using their mc cartridge?

I quite fancy trying a sut, but before buying, thought I’d ask here before spending any money.

Cheers....Dave

I've only used MM carts with the ZX1010. Can I use any MC cartridges in the MC stage of JVC or are there limitations?

I found the MC stage in the big JVC was very good and I had no problems with my Dynavector cartridge.

No limitations that I can see. I've used a ZYX R100 and Technics EPC310mc (both quite low output 0.18/24 mv) and I'm currently using a Benz Ace (0.8mv), all of which have sounded excellent so I guess the mc stage is really quite flexible. So much so that my very good headlamp is up for sale.

Cheers....Dave

advertisement

Back