advertisement

Julia Holter - Ekstasis

deltaunit

pfm Member
Julia Holter's Tragedy was one of last years best new releases and made many year end lists, she has a new one out now of material recorded over the last three years.

This is due to be released tomorrow but rough trade have an exclusive version with a bonus cd of live material available for order now.

More here: http://igetrvng.com/discography/122/

Got it yesterday - it's a damn fine record! It sits at the end of a line from Pet Sounds through Nico through Meredith Monk and Laurie Anderson through Animal Collective. It's different to Tragedy - which is out on CD in a few weeks after the v. limited vinyl run. I've only got it on download and am looking forward to a better version.

I'd recommend others checking it out - I think it may well appeal to many here.

Kevin

I'm quite tempted - thanks for the link. I can't decide if its a relish every track intently and keep changing sides lp purchase or a let it wash over you for an hour cd purchase.

It turned up at work this afternoon.

A short while ago I slipped the first disc onto turntable and was immediately bemused at the slightly odd Gregorian chanting and ponderous extended bass notes coming out of the speakers until I clicked: it's 45rpm!

I shall have to use the download code and find another way of listening to it in the meantime.

Anybody looking to offload an LP12 45rpm adaptor?

This arrived from boomkat today. I hadn't heard Tragedy except for clipsv(I have a habit of giving certain hyped things a miss, of course later to find they were actually good); I have just listened to Ekstasis (CD) and it is superb. Lovely production too.

advertisement

Back