1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Julia Holter - Ekstasis

Discussion in 'music' started by deltaunit, Mar 7, 2012.

1. deltaunit

deltaunit volume reveals detail

Julia Holter's Tragedy was one of last years best new releases and made many year end lists, she has a new one out now of material recorded over the last three years.

This is due to be released tomorrow but rough trade have an exclusive version with a bonus cd of live material available for order now.

More here: http://igetrvng.com/discography/122/

2. kjb

kjb Losing my edge

Got it yesterday - it's a damn fine record! It sits at the end of a line from Pet Sounds through Nico through Meredith Monk and Laurie Anderson through Animal Collective. It's different to Tragedy - which is out on CD in a few weeks after the v. limited vinyl run. I've only got it on download and am looking forward to a better version.

I'd recommend others checking it out - I think it may well appeal to many here.

Kevin

3. Elephantears

Elephantears Trunkated Aesthete

I'm quite tempted - thanks for the link. I can't decide if its a relish every track intently and keep changing sides lp purchase or a let it wash over you for an hour cd purchase.

4. JustJohn

JustJohn pfm Member

The LP should be with me today. I'll report back later.

5. deltaunit

deltaunit volume reveals detail

Has RoughTrade confirmed postage or updated anyone's order status?

===

Just called them, mine shipped today.

6. JustJohn

JustJohn pfm Member

It turned up at work this afternoon.

A short while ago I slipped the first disc onto turntable and was immediately bemused at the slightly odd Gregorian chanting and ponderous extended bass notes coming out of the speakers until I clicked: it's 45rpm!

I shall have to use the download code and find another way of listening to it in the meantime.

Anybody looking to offload an LP12 45rpm adaptor?

7. datay

datay pfm Member

This arrived from boomkat today. I hadn't heard Tragedy except for clipsv(I have a habit of giving certain hyped things a miss, of course later to find they were actually good); I have just listened to Ekstasis (CD) and it is superb. Lovely production too.