advertisement

interstellar alien probe tries to communicate with humpback whales

It would be spiffy, of course, if the object turned out to an interstellar probe, but if I were a betting man I'd put a fiver on it being a very oddly shaped asteroid.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/worl...ther-part-of-galaxy-say-scientists/ar-BBGDJTe

Artist's conception of the interstellar object

BBGCPof.img

Alien probe from the Star Trek film with the whales

DPKPxQoWsAESBva.jpg

Joe
You need carry on down the road a few million light years, turn left at the next galaxy & go straight on, can't miss it mate.

It makes sense to have a hollowed out hunk of rock as an interstellar craft. Radiation and micro meteor protection for two.

I suspect this rock is a diversion by the aliens, and there's a cloaked interstellar spacecraft nearby we should be worrying about.

Maybe Theresa May and her merry band of robbin' men could open up a dialogue and do a trade deal with these intergalactic visitors? Just think what a coup that would be for the Brexiters!

Oh hang on, there's too many of 'em comin' in. . .

Last edited:
It was spotted by the University of Hawaii as it passed the Earth at 200kMph in October.

Two months later, Seti are preparing to point a telescope at it as it disappears into the cosmic distance.

I think Seti must have similar urgency recognition issues to those of UKGov.
Getting a radio telescope on two-months demand is probably urgent action in that world--my guess is Joe PhD's experiment has to queue up for years.

Any emissions they might pick up with their big antenna would be traveling at the speed of light. If it heads out more or less directly without losing any speed, it will be approaching the orbit of Jupiter in two months. About 25 minutes travel for the electromagnetic radiation the RT will be looking for....

Got to be the Lanteans,
Its an Aurora class ship, they were on thier way here, picked up our news transmissions, thought `fu** that` broke thier engines but managed to slingshot around our sun and are now heading to Atlantis in the Pegasus galaxy

Getting a radio telescope on two-months demand is probably urgent action in that world--my guess is Joe PhD's experiment has to queue up for years.

Any emissions they might pick up with their big antenna would be traveling at the speed of light. If it heads out more or less directly without losing any speed, it will be approaching the orbit of Jupiter in two months. About 25 minutes travel for the electromagnetic radiation the RT will be looking for....
Won't it be a shame if the telescopes pick up the equivalent of "Coo-eee, anybody home?". No way to pursue the object now.

advertisement

Back