advertisement

Integrated Amps with MC phono sections?

Perreaux Eloquence 150i

I'm in the US/120volt!

I sold my Luxman SQ 38 valve integrated last year, but if you fancy valves, that was designed as the ultimate one box solution for amplification (no dac tho) and has its own MM/MCL/MCH phono stage with dedicated transformer and valves which is V.V.good indeed.
35wpc. Great amp.

that thing is perfect! quite a bit more than I can spend (new) at the moment.

Sugden A21 Signature

that looks like a great option. thanks

Just saw the Parasound Halo integrated has a MC input with adjustable loading (as well as a built in DAC). That might be the one box solution I’m looking for.

Just going to add to the list as I find them. Maybe it will help out a PFMer or a Googler.

Plinius 9200 has a phono stage with high and low gain settings

How about a Sony TA F670ES? The 700 series es amplifiers now go for silly money, but the 600 es series is still a good buy. Massive, well built amp with a Phono section that’s a match for any phono section that can be had new for the price of this whole amp secondhand. Plenty of power, huge transformer and lovely controls. Can be had for £200 or so this side of the pond. I’d say it was better than the Audiolab 8000a which goes for similar money. It is BIG though.

If you want to spend more to get a really good phono stage in an integrated, then an Exposure Super XV MC should be in your list, but will cost more than twice as much as the Sony and is MM only or MC only.

Interestingly, I’ve just bought my first pre/Power despite having an incipient toddler in the house for the first time.

advertisement

Back