advertisement

In praise of dealers

I agree with Pedro on Keith a real gentlemen to deal with no hard sell and very knowledgeable. He sent me a Weiss server to try (Devon) with no obligation.

Yes - similar experience some years ago with a Young dac - great guy.

I agree with Pedro on Keith a real gentlemen to deal with no hard sell and very knowledgeable. He sent me a Weiss server to try (Devon) with no obligation.

Isn't it a bit tiresome that he requires you to sit a double-blind, level-matched listening test before he sells you anything, though? ;)

Doug Brady Hifi

Steve, Andy, John and Dan - the best service and a proper dealer where they can set things up and repair stuff.

started in the mid 80S TO THE PRESENT DAY andy and the crew at MOORGATE ACCOUSTICS Sheffield 10/10 to be trusted at all time

Its nice to see dealers who still give good service, If I had my pot of gold I would have no hesitation in going back to Chris Brooks as when I was spotty 19 year old he helped me set up a great system for my humble budget.

I must admit I rarely had any trouble with hifi dealers - much less so than shopping in general.

Hi-fi experience in Tottenham Court Road, there was a dealer who looked like bit like Charles Dance and happily demo'd me stuff when I clearly was a teenager who couldn't afford it.

Sevenoaks hifi in Woolwich, every sales guy in there was always helpful even though I spent a grand sum of **** all. No come to think of it, I bought a C60 version of the TDK S-AX chrome cassette.

I feel kind of bad they're both closed down years ago.

Maybe that's why they both closed down ?

:p

To be fair, pretty much every hifi/electronic shop in TC Road has shut down and is replaced with cafes.

Woolwich in the 90's and early 00's was generally a condemned place to be. The high street showed an emerging number of betting & poundland type shops vs proper shops, not the ideal place for selling 'hifi'.

The Sound Organisation were always great to deal with while I was spending money with them. I then took in a Funk Firm acromat explaining how I felt it bettered the LP12 felt one. You can guess their reaction so never went back there.

advertisement

Back