advertisement

In car DVD

mega lord

Centre tapped
I would like to ask the pfm posse their views on in car DVD players. I am just looking in to this and am unsure what i should go for or things to avoid. I have two ankle biters and long trips in the car fill me with dread.

It would be good to have something with twin screens that can share a film or have a different film on each. Only ones i have looked at so far are nextbase sold on the Halfords website. Any views or experiences are most welcome.

Thanks, Stu

I would like to ask the pfm posse their views on in car DVD players. I am just looking in to this and am unsure what i should go for or things to avoid. I have two ankle biters and long trips in the car fill me with dread.

It would be good to have something with twin screens that can share a film or have a different film on each. Only ones i have looked at so far are nextbase sold on the Halfords website. Any views or experiences are most welcome.

Thanks, Stu

What is your budget? I have a sony double din unit with Bluetooth and reversing camera and headrest screens. The kit cost just under £500 and I/my brother fitted most of it. I had the headrest screens fitted by a professional and that cost £80. I have a second AV input for the rear screens and a small portable DVD so I can have my music and my rear seat passengers can watch a movie with headphones.

It's not the cheapest option but it is brilliantly flexible, the Bluetooth is a great feature, streams spotify offline playlists from my phone and acts as my hands free, with caller details displayed on screen.

I use a system that is based on android. I have a connection to the internet via cheap sim for surfing the net. Actually you can run office in your car. Internet broadcasting too. I use it mostly for on line navigation with Waze. If you are interested I'll look for the firm. It is unknown but very good and reliable. I think it is depends on your local installer which plays an important part on what you buy and how professional the installation is.

Arye

Thanks for those suggestions. I only want to play dvd's and could stretch to £200. Something portable would be good if it exists, so would not need professional installation.

Thanks, Stu

I've got some stupidly expensive Kenwood double din job that I inheritied with the car (was RRP £1500!), but the benefits of x2 tablets is that the kids can watch different programs, play games (Minecraft mad), listen to their own music (my five year old is currently into Rudimental and Foo Fighters!) and take them out of the car at the end of the journey.

I used to have portable DVD players, but really tablets are the way to go IMHO.

Be warned about cheap clip on screens for headrests. I watched some safety testing of cheap solutions when investigating the same for my toddler. The damage done to the dummies was horrific so I dropped the idea all together. Also potable ones were tested and became ballistic missiles when they broke loose from there cheap restraints. Apologise if it sounds a bit doom and gloom, it's just what I found out when looking.

advertisement

Back