advertisement

HM The Queen in tax scandal!

Mentioned on one of the other threads, the most entertaining thing to my mind being ‘Er Maj invested in lowest-common-denominator loanshark furniture emporium BrightHouse and failed bargain booze/wino shop Threshers. Pure class. We’ll find out she’s behind all the high st gambling-den FOBTs next...

So, Her Maj partakes of schemes designed to minimise payments to Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs?

She needs to give herself a good talking to.

Maybe strip herself of some of her honours, maybe?

Tax havens. At least there's something in which Britain leads the world.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...tain-corrupt-mafia-hay-festival-a7054851.html

Roberto Saviano, who spent more than a decade exposing the criminal dealings of the Italian Mafia ... “If I asked you what is the most corrupt place on Earth you might tell me well it’s Afghanistan, maybe Greece, Nigeria, the South of Italy and I will tell you it’s the UK.
“It’s not the bureaucracy, it’s not the police, it’s not the politics but what is corrupt is the financial capital. 90 per cent of the owners of capital in London have their headquarters offshore.
“Jersey and the Cayman’s are the access gates to criminal capital in Europe and the UK is the country that allows it. That is why it is important why it is so crucial for me to be here today and to talk to you because I want to tell you , this is about you, this is about your life, this is about your government.”

So, Her Maj partakes of schemes designed to minimise payments to Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs

Not what the program said, although inevitably & intentionally tarred with the same brush. I thought it was pathetic & I'm no monarchist.

Lord Ashcroft & others on the other hand... but even this was not exactly news.

I like the Saviano quote.

HRH is exempt from tax but chooses to pay to the tune of £19m per annum.

However, Google, Amazon, Phil Green etc. choose to avoid tax.

I think we should celebrate, as The Windsors are an example of elite performance.
They are the most successful benefit claimants in the history of the U.K.

No-one likes a grass.

I didn't to where I am today by living in a popularity contest!

[YOUTUBE]drlPbIWAz-E[/YOUTUBE]

I knew a Projects Manager who worked on the restoration of Windsor Castle. When shown through the vaults he noticed crate after unopened crate of Antiquities.

Bloss

How did he know what was in these unopened crates? Did they have "Antiquities" stencilled on the outside?

How did he know what was in these unopened crates? Did they have "Antiquities" stencilled on the outside?

Only saying what somebody told me who I found to be OK , true or not, no idea.

Would there be more credibility with a google link?

Bloss

I thought HM The Queen's dealings were rather pathetic and hardly worth the bother.

The bit about Lord Ashcroft was much more interesting. I hope he gets shafted big time.

I knew a Projects Manager who worked on the restoration of Windsor Castle. When shown through the vaults he noticed crate after unopened crate of Antiquities.

Interesting, I didn’t realise BrightHouse did antiquities. Maybe boxes of stale Threshers plonk.

I am reminded of Spaced when Marsha says:

Right, well I best go off to Threshers, do the weekly shop.

DN8_Ma_PMXk_AAGRSI.jpg

https://twitter.com/Tory__Jesus/status/927473741080223744

how long do you have to wait before someone answers the phone?

For as long as you want, before eventually becoming frustrated, and filling in the online form instead.

Why are we suppressed, big ears claims farming subsidy cash from the EU and no doubt Brenda and Phil the Greek also claim the farming Subsidy on the areas of Land they have amassed, the whole family of them really need the extra cash.
Even the Church of England was ousted by Mark Thomas some years ago as having large investments in Vickers the Arms manufacture .Greed and what might be referred to as Corruption knows no bounds. You just couldn't make it up, not only is our society shafted by them ,but we pay grossly excessive amounts of money to them each year for the privilege

oldie

Ah lovely, trickle-down economics at work hey?

...depressing this is that a) this stuff is all legal and b) it's just going to be yesterday's news & won't amount to anything in a couple of weeks time.

Has this turned into anything with any meat on it yet, please? Or is it still at the left-wing-loons-looking-for-any-mud-to-sling stage?

advertisement

Back