advertisement

**** Hifi

mikebirtill

pfm Member
Just got home from seeing duke special at the brudenell in leeds, how needs high-fi - for less than 30 quid month you can see four rather excellent act through good sounding pa. sell then nain go live!

Keep your kit. Buy their latest album, grab a few beers (for good company) and get yourself back there.

Just got home from seeing duke special at the brudenell in leeds, how needs high-fi - for less than 30 quid month you can see four rather excellent act through good sounding pa. sell then nain go live!

Mike, u typing on a mobile or was you doin intoxicants at them thar gigs?

Yep, i'm a live sound tech and no hifi I have encountered comes close to my live PA with a good band playing, even in a large and busy pub!

Still not parting with my keltiks tough !!!

Luckily I also manage to regularly catch some live music in a medium sized club, quite often they're tribute bands. Last time out it was a guns n roses (guns for hire) band - great fun. What with all these Briks threads on the go, they're the only speaker that comes close to replicating that, flawed as they are they capture something.

And they have a bar :)

My recollection of the Brud is that although it is (or at least was) without doubt one of the best live venues in the UK, the bar was terrible. Cheap but terrible. If they've got porter on, maybe things have changed. Hopefully the formica is all still intact.

Guilty as charged. But it was a great gig, a great sounding room, and a simple but great sounding pa.
Mike you should've smashed up all your kit with a Fendor then thrown it in the pool in true Rock'n'Roll fashion, maybe brought home a few groupies too. That would've been some thread :D

yes i remember it like that as well and they do still have green label keg on. However now they've got a hand pump supplied by micros, erdinger, a large selection of sierra nevada, various good other bottles and still as cheap as chips my round was coming in at just under a fiver for 2 & half pints. The loos were clean! And they've spent some money on the place - though the 70s glitzy decor is still there

advertisement

Back