advertisement

Hifi rack survey

Survey done.

I really envy your son, I´m planning to build a wooden naim-fraim-ish rack for years now, but never got beyond the CAD stage: picture

The advantage of a tripod is: it it sets lower requirements on building precision, and is more stable at the same time.

Thanks for all the completed surveys and suggestions; we've hit the limit on the free version of SurveyMonkey! When he gets time (two big tests next week), he will get the results sorted and we will post them here.

All the extra ideas will be noted and used to help the final design. I'm not sure about the precision of the equipment he'll be using, but it is probably better than what I have available, and the DT department staff seem very competent and enthusiastic.

I don't think my son will be going into design, although he enjoys it - he wants to be a civil engineer, preferably on the railways - but I think hifi will be a life-long hobby!

cheers,

Tim

What an excellent set of questions; he obviously has a good idea of useful features for a HiFi rack. I wish some of the commercial offerings had been researched so thoroughly.
A* for design research!

advertisement

Back