advertisement

Hifi rack survey

tim_bissell

pfm Member
i,

For his GCSE in Resistant Materials* my son wants to build a modular hi-fi rack, i.e. one where you can stack shelves for varying numbers of components. For his coursework he had to write a survey, and needs to collect some responses.

Please could some kind souls help us out by filling in this (anonymous!) questionnaire?

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YNCD82P

Looking at the questions, the boy's done good! All he has to do now is build it :D

Thanks very much,

Tim

* English national exams, age 15, Resistant Materials = woodwork/metalwork

actually have some good CAD drawing s that might benefit him. I did a hifi rack for my G.C.S.E

Am happy to assist him if he likes, as I have just recently built another two myself.

If you look under the thread: System Pics and see my last post it will link you in to photos of my last works.

Moi aussi. I hope it ends up painted a nice shade of red, like my venerable Atacama unit, for which I really must get some new spikes. I discovered longitudinal cracks in the original ones, since when it's just rested on the carpet, doubtless to the detriment of my bass response.

Survey Completed ..... answers look nothing like the one I have?? ...... would be intersting to see the results of the survey .... or better still the finished product

Best Wishes for a successful project

Wow! Thanks very much for the fantastic response and the encouragement! I will pass on any details and photos of results as and when I get them, but I am not sure of the timescales yet (this is his first year of two in the GCSE course)

As for mass production - who knows ;-) if it's good enough, we'll se what we can do!

I've promised him one of my rebuilt PTs if he does a good job (and builds a t/t shelf at the top!)

regards,

Tim

actually have some good CAD drawing s that might benefit him. I did a hifi rack for my G.C.S.E

Am happy to assist him if he likes, as I have just recently built another two myself.

If you look under the thread: System Pics and see my last post it will link you in to photos of my last works.

Thanks for the offer and pointer - I'll go and have a look now, and show him when he gets back

-- Tim

Tim

Delighted to help. My son has his final Resistant Materials exam next term. His first project was to design & construct a piece of kitchen storage equipment. His second was to design & build an item relating to 'self interest' which was an I-Pod dock:

7076466377_43162bde1d_z.jpg

It was never like this when I was at school, you got to make a milk bottle holder if you were lucky

Tim

Delighted to help. My son has his final Resistant Materials exam next term. His first project was to design & construct a piece of kitchen storage equipment. His second was to design & build an item relating to 'self interest' which was an I-Pod dock:

7076466377_43162bde1d_z.jpg

It was never like this when I was at school, you got to make a milk bottle holder if you were lucky

Wow; that looks really professional - apparently the DT department got a CNC machine last year; when I was at school we had no DT, pottery was as advanced as it got - and the potter's wheels were foot-treadle driven!

cheers,

-- Tim

advertisement

Back