advertisement

Help me spend....

I'd be amazed if any Dubstep Allstars compilations are on iTunes.

You can find plenty of the tracks by dubstep artists on them like Benga and Kode 9 and Coki, and Burial of course - but dubstep's like Marmite, unless you're from Croydon!

My recommendations from yesterday were based on the fact that they're on iTunes, fairly safe, and I'd just played them. By the same logic, today's recommendations:
Boards of Canada's In a Beautiful Place Out In The Country, and Soulwax's Nite Versions/Any Minute Now.

Probably not the best to ask about dubstep, but for BoC, I'd try the ep I mentioned, Geogaddi and/or Music Has The Right To Children. Watch someone recommend their other stuff now!

I'd agree with those Alex. The last couple of records were pretty shite. The first two, High Scores and Twoism both have one ****ing brilliant track on, and the rest isn't up to much or is on later stuff. Geogaddi is their best record.

No, I can't see them on iTunes, if you search on Amazon for Dubstep Allstars, you'll find them. I've heard a couple, but I don't get dubstep, if I'm honest.

I might buy a CD of that or find an LP from somewhere. Dubstep allstars definitely isn't available. Nevermind. Boards of Canada are a goer.

Hi, thanks for all the suggestions. Bought in the end.....
Boards of Canada Geogadi
Klaus Schulze 72-93 the essential. (Got a few LPs like them and wanted a sampler of some of his other stuff)
Miles Davis the complete Bitches Brew sessions (bargain for the same price as the Bitches Brew album)

advertisement

Back