advertisement

Heaphone amp - Rega Ear or Arcam Rhead

Jamie

pfm Member
I have a couple of hundred quid burning a hole in my pocket (birthday money), and am happy with my current set up (RP6 / Exact / TT psu /Fono mk2, Cyrus 8VS2 / CD6 / DAB 8, Kudos X2).
I am thinking of a headphone amp for my HD565's. Tempted by the Rega, as it has some good write ups, and (OCD) matches the 2 other Rega boxes, but the Arcam has even better reviews, and can now be had for £175. Seems an absolute bargain, too good to miss?
Anyone heard both, and can offer any advice?
Cheers
Jamie

Jamie
If Peter Tyson still have Myryad Z40 headphone amp in stock, you can't impossible beat that value

Great price, but unfortunately only have silver finish left. Wished I knew about it earlier, looks like they sold 20 black ones on ebay.

That does look like a lot for the money...but does it sound any good?

Bought one so I'll find out soon!

In the absence of any info from fishies, I picked up a used Ear from a popular auction site for £120. Does sound very good, and keeps my kit all UK built (excepting the speaker cables).

I own the Rega ear because I too wanted everything to match plus keep the Rega sound. It sounds great to me and has no problem driving a pair of Audeze LCD 3/Fazor. I’m sure there are better headphone amps but for me I’m completely satisfied! Great decision, you can’t go wrong with Rega!
Enjoy, Dave

advertisement

Back