advertisement

Harvey Weinstein

If only the Eye's cover wasn't far fetched.

37121878163_a6a0b10778_z.jpg

Where did you get this bollocks? It bears zero resemblance to the undisputed (not even by Polanski) of the case. The only way his own testimony differs from the facts I stated is that he said the 13 year old girl didn't say no.

I get this "bollocks" from people within the biz mate. I was talking about this a few weeks ago with someone who has spent 40 years in the biz and their comment was "I have heard 5 totally different stories about what went on with Polanski". Maybe, you're making the typical mistake and deciding the story that fits your personal prejudice has to be the "facts" in spite of the evidence. All 5 charges were set aide and he was eventually due to be sentenced for admitting to having had sex with a minor. The reason they accepted the plea bargain was because, there was virtually no chance they would have secured a conviction on at least 4 of the charges and risked him walking free altogether.

I hold no candle for Polanski or any abusers however, the fact the "victim" in this case has become increasingly more conciliatory and even verging on the apologetic on behalf of her accused attacker strongly suggests that, there was far more to the case than we know and that, backing away from it means the accuser will never really have to face a proper cross examination in a criminal court, of what really went down.

The fact is, most I have ever spoken to from within the biz have all said something along the lines of. "I have no doubt he sex with the girl, however the whole grand jury proceedings were a farce engineered by both sides to best keep the reputation of Hollywood such as it was and to avoid dragging a number of "big names" into the whole affair".

There is a mirror in the UK to this sort of tactic. In the 1960s there was a trend for weekend long parties at various venues in the South of the UK. Savile undoubtedly used these parties to his own ends and in doing so pretty much assured the silence of any number of then celebs. So, the likes of Cilla Black et al would attend these parties totally unaware that, away from the main party Savile and probably others, were up to their nefarious activities. This meant that, should Cilla or some other celeb discover what was happening there then, Savile would simply turn round and say "You were there when it happened, that's what people will read in the press, they won't think further than that".

I get this "bollocks" from people within the biz mate. I was talking about this a few weeks ago with someone who has spent 40 years in the biz .

Had this person also been abducted by aliens? You seem to have connections everywhere and some direct line to "people that know". Who these people are is a mystery.

I don't want to panic those with issues around equality of the sexes, but the metropolitan liberal elite are planing on introducing women-only gravity. Apparently in future men will be forced to float everywhere.

I get this "bollocks" from people within the biz mate.

"I don't know how to explain this", as Einstein probably once said.

I never saw the UK press going after the Scouting Association with the same gusto.

Extraordinary.

"In the fall of 2016, Harvey Weinstein set out to suppress allegations that he had sexually harassed or assaulted numerous women. He began to hire private security agencies to collect information on the women and the journalists trying to expose the allegations. According to dozens of pages of documents, and seven people directly involved in the effort, the firms that Weinstein hired included Kroll, which is one of the world’s largest corporate-intelligence companies, and Black Cube, an enterprise run largely by former officers of Mossad and other Israeli intelligence agencies. Black Cube, which has branches in Tel Aviv, London, and Paris, offers its clients the skills of operatives “highly experienced and trained in Israel’s elite military and governmental intelligence units,” according to its literature." https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/harvey-weinsteins-army-of-spies

By today's super-sensitive standards of "sexual harassement" one would probably find that 6 in 10 of the general population could truthfully say they have been sexually harassed at some point in their lives. There is also a potentially comic aspect to all this. The other day, at the Rowing Club, I was holding the boat steady while a female fellow-member got in. She took off her shoes and put on a pair of socks. As she did so we both noticed that the varnish on her toe nails was all chipped. She said "Yes, shameful, isn't it?" I said "Not good for the reputation of the club!" She said she must remember to re-do them and I said "I was about to say 'If you like I'll give you a hand', but that could constitute sexual harassment." We both laughed.

A gentleman would have averted his eyes when a lady bared her ankles.

By today's super-sensitive standards of "sexual harassement" one would probably find that 6 in 10 of the general population could truthfully say they have been sexually harassed at some point in their lives.

Is this a confession?

There is also a potentially comic aspect to all this. The other day, at the Rowing Club, I was holding the boat steady while a female fellow-member got in. She took off her shoes and put on a pair of socks. As she did so we both noticed that the varnish on her toe nails was all chipped. She said "Yes, shameful, isn't it?" I said "Not good for the reputation of the club!" She said she must remember to re-do them and I said "I was about to say 'If you like I'll give you a hand', but that could constitute sexual harassment." We both laughed.

DPjqyu_XWs_Agx_Ikg.jpg

advertisement

Back