advertisement

Grand Prix Audio 'Monaco'

How can I resist, this is the left one ,as you look at them, it is pretty similar to the right one,
over 2metres tall ,450 kilos, four way horn using the best compression and dynamic drivers available, 600 watts of active bass.

Keith.

I think they will sound superb in your room, ( whatever the colour) they are a lot bigger at home than they appeared to be in Munich!
Still very much interested in hearing a Tron/Cessaro, combination at some point.
KR Keith.

They are big speakers Keith. The room they were in last year (same room this year incidentally) was 6 metres wide (20ft) and over 12 metres long (40ft) so they would tend to look smaller in there than in a nice Victorian sized room. You also need to be sitting about 4 metres plus away to get the best results.

This is the GPA 'Monaco' ,Triplanar 12" tonearm , DV XV1-S cartridge, sitting on a 'formula'
carbon shelf, on a Monaco isolation stand.

Keith.

Only from a grossly eccentric copy of the AP disc so not very useful. I'd need to get a better sample. HiFi News tested it & found the w&f to be very low but I doubt you'll be submitting the Monaco to News will you?

advertisement

Back