advertisement

good, SMALL solid state amplifiers? on a budget...and not Class D

really dig the looks of that thing. looks like it's a "normal" height, though.

It's a deceptive picture, it's under half the 'normal' dimentions, it's just over 4" tall !

@Jtrade, Tempting isn't it, it's a perfect kitchen sized system, I missed out on a full system on Marktplaats due to poor translation :mad:

Anyone have experience with the Bel Canto 5ci? It is Class D and only has a MM section, but a once box solution is very appealing

I have tried the Bel Canto Class D amplifier at home and found it unlistenable, IMO a well designed class AB amplifier is still best.

There also the Yamaha A-100 or A-100a (looks better black on black imo) it's slightly smaller than the Toshiba ;)

yamaha-a100-25077.jpg

Apparently designed for their smaller studio monitors.

It's a deceptive picture, it's under half the 'normal' dimentions, it's just over 4" tall !

@Jtrade, Tempting isn't it, it's a perfect kitchen sized system, I missed out on a full system on Marktplaats due to poor translation :mad:

Was it Toshiba or Aurex branded, I wonder ?

The one for sale in Germany looks quite badly scratched. I think Tony is right when he says he always waits patiently for the perfect specimen to come along...

The Vintage Knob guy gives it a great write-up and owns one himself.

the Yamaha looks a bit too much like a rally car to me. that's a lot of logo
Just write your name and blood group on the side, it will be great! It's got VU meters, every amp should have VU meters! Better than volume knobs that go up to 11.

Was it Toshiba or Aurex branded, I wonder ?

The one for sale in Germany looks quite badly scratched. I think Tony is right when he says he always waits patiently for the perfect specimen to come along...

The Vintage Knob guy gives it a great write-up and owns one himself.

It was Aurex branded and mint, the casette deck even had the origional removable dust cover :mad: Tony is right, it's always worth waiting for a 'perfect' specimen, personally I don't mind a few scratches, but I do have a limit.

They come up for sale quite often, I think they were quite popular, I haven't seen a black one yet though.

advertisement

Back