advertisement

General puzzlement thread

Will-I-Am has been wheeled on first as a guest on Top Gear, which is a clear indication of some promotional thing in the offing somewhere - book, film, whatever. These people don't just come on without something to promote.

This weekend we see Will-I-Am (American) wheeled on to sing next to Elton John, which he sort of didn't because he can't sing unless it goes through an Autotune, so he just stood there like John Redwood doing the Welsh National Anthem, dressed in some Horse Guards jacket and looking uncomfortable. Why was he there then, and what on earth has he got to do with anything, especially Royalty? Then he stands in line for that 'performance' and gets introduced to The Queen. He didn't even bloody do anything!

Then we next see him on the news carrying the Olympic torch through the streets of Somerset, like he has anything to do with Britain, the Olympics or bloody Somerset?

What is this all about and is he about to be given a nominal Government position by Call-Me-Dave?

Why? What is going on?

I think he's being lined up to become the new chair of the Conservative party.

I pass several recycling points on my walk to work, and there are the large wheelie bins:
Cans, paper, cardboard, plastic containers. Another one for glass,. Another smaller green one for bras. Bras? Not general clothing or anything, just bras.
Huh? :confused:

(Yeah, I looked it up. I know what it's about now, but it puzzled me for ages)

I pass several recycling points on my walk to work, and there are the large wheelie bins:
Cans, paper, cardboard, plastic containers. Another one for glass,. Another smaller green one for bras. Bras? Not general clothing or anything, just bras.
Huh? :confused:

(Yeah, I looked it up. I know what it's about now, but it puzzled me for ages)

Rasher,
Was the slot big enough to get your hand in like?

Why do the British public constantly accept being ripped off? Why do the public never retaliate at being shafted at every opportunity? Water, fuel, food, housing.
What is wrong with everyone? Are we being unknowingly sedated?

William James said he deeply understood Hegel when under the influence of nitrous oxide, but this understanding would wear off together with the nitrous oxide intoxication. You can google his essay with exact strings "william james" and "meaningless drivel".

2ccf3900.jpg
c9628413.jpg

I'm detecting a look-a-likey.

James Last has 213 albums and made 50 million album sales.
So who's got them, and is it art?

The charity shops and car boot sales is where they all are.

I remember an interview on the telly many years ago where the manager of the Manchester Apollo when asked who is favourite performers at the theatre were and he stated James Last. he said that they were the most professional and well rehearsed.
It just goes to show that you don't have to be a music lover to run a popular venue.

Ever noticed in films that with car shots, camera on the bonnet looking in, the rear view mirror is always missing, and shots from the back seat, the head restraints are missing?
No. No one ever does.

Ever noticed in films that with car shots, camera on the bonnet looking in, the rear view mirror is always missing, and shots from the back seat, the head restraints are missing?
No. No one ever does.

The rear view mirror is there if they are being followed, a la Simon Templar, otherwise yes, and don't forget the exagerated steeering wheel movements on a straight road.

advertisement

Back