1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

General puzzlement thread

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Rasher, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Rasher

Rasher Quadrophenia land

Why do dolls for boys, such as Action Man & Major Matt Mason (remember him?) have to now be referred to as Action Figures (pronounced Akshuun Figyure), not dolls, and where does this leave Ken?

2. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

Probably losing to Bojo.

3. Northwest

Northwest pfm Member

It has always confounded me that we park on the Driveway and drive on the Parkway's?

4. Still

Still gyldengourd

5. Rasher

Rasher Quadrophenia land

Where does all the tyre rubber go?
    There must be hundreds of tons of it worn onto our roads every week, so where is it?

6. Pete the Feet

Pete the Feet pfm Member

Glad you're only asking about tyres:D

7. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

8. sq225917

sq225917 situation engineer

Up cyclists noses and into the water supply.

9. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

10. Still

Still gyldengourd

[YOUTUBE]oxvOuu4IcJk[/YOUTUBE]

11. TheDecameron

Isn't it amazing what a naim XPS can do for a bog standard theremin?

12. Rasher

Rasher Quadrophenia land

Why do Northerners talk about singular things in the plural, and plural things in the singular?

Example:
    "I've been stop 'ere fourteen year"
    "I've been studyin' that pictures there, so I have"

What's that all aboot then?

13. Pete the Feet

Pete the Feet pfm Member

Sounds a bit like like a cross between Bolton and Gloucester does that.

14. Pete the Feet

Pete the Feet pfm Member

15. Rasher

Rasher Quadrophenia land

It is strange isn't it. Those poor innocent children being born into this. I hope they find peace now.

16. Rasher

Rasher Quadrophenia land

Will-I-Am has been wheeled on first as a guest on Top Gear, which is a clear indication of some promotional thing in the offing somewhere - book, film, whatever. These people don't just come on without something to promote.

This weekend we see Will-I-Am (American) wheeled on to sing next to Elton John, which he sort of didn't because he can't sing unless it goes through an Autotune, so he just stood there like John Redwood doing the Welsh National Anthem, dressed in some Horse Guards jacket and looking uncomfortable. Why was he there then, and what on earth has he got to do with anything, especially Royalty? Then he stands in line for that 'performance' and gets introduced to The Queen. He didn't even bloody do anything!

Then we next see him on the news carrying the Olympic torch through the streets of Somerset, like he has anything to do with Britain, the Olympics or bloody Somerset?

What is this all about and is he about to be given a nominal Government position by Call-Me-Dave?

Why? What is going on?

17. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Can you hear Talvin Singh?

Why was Fergie not allowed to sing 'My London Bridge' during the river pageant? Surely the Royal vendetta against this fine woman has gone on for long enough?

18. TheDecameron

Which senior Royal said "vulgar vulgar vulgar" when her name was mentioned?

...she was actually filmed for a Weight Watchers USA TV commercial, singing "my ol' man says follow the band and don't dilly dally on the way"........from as close as she was allowed. The Blackwall Tunnel.

19. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Can you hear Talvin Singh?

I dunno, but that bunch of naff German arrivistes have a nerve calling anyone 'vulgar'.

Anyway, are you Still Anex?

20. TheDecameron

I suspect Princess M.

Of the Debutants' Ball, she said "they're letting every cheap little tart in now"