advertisement

Fuji 18-55 owners - clicking sound

Oakwood

pfm Member
Just wondering if anyone who owns this lens has experienced a clicking sound when you zoom the lens. Mine seems to do it when I zoom out from 18mm regardless of whether the lens is attached to the camera.

Many thanks.

Fuji UK do fixed priced repairs on X series products, probably best contacting them (unless its under warranty, then the supplying dealer should handle)

Many thanks for the responses, albeit I feared this would be the the case . Seems to have become progressively worse over the last week or so, will get in touch with Fuji UK, thanks Mr P.

Best of luck - Fuji are great to deal with so fingers crossed you're able to get a reasonably priced, hassle free repair if required.

Funnily enough I've been out shooting with the 18-55 on the X-T10 today. The clicking is probably due to the non-constant aperture (i.e. if you have it set to 2.8 at 18mm and zoom, it will change to f4.0 as you approach 55mm). Mind you, not sure if it would do this when not attached to the camera. So, forget the above, it could be a mechanical fault. PS. Great lens, I forgot how non-kit-zoom it actually is :)

advertisement

Back