advertisement

Frequency Generator = Audio Nirvana

Purité Audio

Trade: Purite Audio
Well almost, I have been using the frequency generator , part of the REW suite, to listen to the 'problem' frequencies in my rooms here, the results are really fascinating, wandering around the room while the specific frequency is played.
It is illuminating!
Keith.

Agreed.

It's definitely illuminating when it comes to highlighting the effect of nulls / peaks due to standing waves at low frequencies!

Lefty

I have a Moog for this!

PS Obviously be *very* careful with levels with steady state sin waves etc as most domestic audio speakers are simply not designed to play such signals and will rather rapidly heat up and likely fail. I'd be wary of going over about 60db or so unless the speaker in question is a proper studio monitor.

Tony yes of course I should have added keep the levels low, the level doesnt need to be high to hear ,as Lefty says the peaks and nulls.
Keith.

More test frequencies in our rear listening room yesterday , ceiling height is causing a 57Hz node, and midrange suck out from seating position, all clearly audible by first measuring the room , playing the problematic frequencies and adjusting listening and loudspeaker position.
Sitting one metre away from the rear wall has helped in the midrange, ceiling is still difficult, the 57Hz sits in a relatively shallow band on the floor, standing or even half standing and you simply don't hear anything, but in the seated position...
Keith.

advertisement

Back