advertisement

fixing hideous colour cast from fluorescent lighting

Joe P

Memory Alpha incarnate | mod; Shatner number = 2
I had to take some pix at work yesterday, but as it was a spur-of-the-moment thing I didn't have my camera with me.

The AWB on my Fuji S5 does a decent job getting the colour balance right, even under difficult or mixed lighting, but the little Canon P&S I used is quite crap. Everyone looks jaundiced or as though they exist on a diet high in beta carotene.

The Canon can't save pix as RAW files, so I shot the lot as jpegs. This means that ACR, which usually is my saviour, can't be used to skew the balance from the yellowy-orangey end of the spectrum.

Any easy fixes in PS?

Joe

In photoshop try this - Image> Adjustments>Variations this is the basic colour correction tool, it doesn't work on 16 bit images though, and it performs the correction on the actual image so duplicate your background first. Then do a save as ...HTH

You could try:-

Layer-> New Adjustment layer -> Photo Filter...

Then select a warming or cooling filter as appropriate, and adjust the density.

Thanks, chaps.

A cooling filter is working wonders.

Joe

Thanks, Philip.

The cooling filter helped, but the colours were still somewhat meh even after extensive correction.

Joe

hmmm

load the action set into photoshop, click play then follow instructions. If you don't use or know what actions are, then you are missing out on a lot as regards photoshop.

cheers philip

advertisement

Back