advertisement

Fast Eddie Clarke RIP

RIP Eddie.

As a youth that used to pore over all they did, it makes me profoundly sad that a band as sonically immutable as the original Motörhead are now all gone. Their first 5 albums will be listened to for as long as people listen to recorded music. I’m away right now, but I’ll be popping Bomber And Ace of Spades on when I get back. I’m sure my 1 year old perks up when ‘Love me like a Reptile’ comes on.

RIP.

Listening to No Class (No Sleep..) right now.

We are all getting older - a sad reminder.

What a shame. Motorhead were a fantastic band when the three of them were around. Must admit I am not too surprised, given the life they led.

Jack

Very sad but, as has been mentioned above, the lifestyle definitely caught up with all of them. The following from an interview with Lemmy in ‘Rolling Stone’ is well known but worth repeating as an illustration of the state they were in (even going back as far as 1980!):

'Figuring that 15 years of regular drinking and drugging had taken a toll on his system, Lemmy decided to have a complete blood transfusion in 1980. He figured it would be like an oil change — out with the old, in with the new. But Lemmy held off after his doctor ran some tests and determined he would react badly to healthy blood. "He told me I didn't have human blood in my system anymore," he told Inked. "Apparently, I had become so toxic, mostly from all the speed and alcohol, that fresh blood would have killed me."'

Great band - 'Ace of Spades' and 'No Sleep' with some whiskeys tonight………..

advertisement

Back