advertisement

Expert stylus

Well I managed to knock the cantilever clean off my Benz glider last night. Looks like another one to be queued up for some special attention. Got a Benz ruby 2 and a clearaudio accurate to go too. Gonna be costly but I think worth it given the testimonials I've had from people I know and trust.

Well I managed to knock the cantilever clean off my Benz glider last night. Looks like another one to be queued up for some special attention. Got a Benz ruby 2 and a clearaudio accurate to go too. Gonna be costly but I think worth it given the testimonials I've had from people I know and trust.

benz micro is very reasonable with their retipping scheme. i wouldn't send them elsewhere.

Anyone got up-to-date address and/or website for expert sylus?
Got two in need of new stylus (and cantilever for one thanks to the cleaning lady).
Nigel

There is no website, just call them.

PO BOX 3 ASHTEAD SURREY KT21 2QD ENGLAND

tel. : 0372276604
fax : 0372276147

esc.jpg

When I joined the Denon busters club ES aligned and securely fitted bare103R cartridge into Midas body. Fitted Sapphire cantilever and Paratrace diamond.
Total cost including postage £ 180.00

It sounds amazing.

IMG_6323.jpg

IMG_6320_2.jpg

R.

see that Mr Hodgson is up to his old tricks
sawing the existing cantilever and then inserting one of his own
I just dont get it?

see that Mr Hodgson is up to his old tricks
sawing the existing cantilever and then inserting one of his own
I just dont get it?

The cartridge I supplied had no stylus or cantilever after I dropped it whilst changing headshells.
What I got back was a real upgrade over the standard spec.

R.

I think the point is more that one cantilever is grafted to another - they don't do this unless the previous cantilever is damaged. My Troika still has the original cantilever (in one piece).

I think the point is more that one cantilever is grafted to another - they don't do this unless the previous cantilever is damaged. My Troika still has the original cantilever (in one piece).

What are the various ways a replacement (new) cantilever can be installed? Is there a best way?

Expert? Brilliant... Back in the '80s I sent my Entre MC for examination. Wyndam Hogdson 'phoned me and said, " I've noticed the output for a little down on one channel. When I have a Friday afternoon I'll rewind (!) the coil for you." He did too... What 'experts' they are. I even have a humble Shure M75ED with an Expert stylus,. Sounds lovely on my AR XA.

advertisement

Back