advertisement

Epos 14s - Free(ish) to a good home.

chiily

PFM Special Builder
I have in my loft a pair of Epos 14, Walnut (I think) that I haven't used in the past 5 years since I built my own speakers.

A few things you should know about them:

They were bought in about 1996, are bi-wired with the phase cone.
One has water damage to the surface Veneer (doesn't affect the SQ). The damage was years ago, I've done my best to polish it out.
The drivers were swapped out, under the insurance claim for the water damage, circa 1998.
The bass driver surrounds have a few, small, cracks (outer to inner). Again these didn't affect the sound quality.
Both tweeters and bass units were working fine when I popped them into the loft.
The crossover cap has been replaced (by me) with a film, Clarity Cap.
They have their original shipping boxes.

I don't want to ship them, too much hassle....

I'm based in North Bristol and then available to you for a donation to SOS Villages

Only about £30...but more if you fancy. It is a great charity. The MoD clearance people love the fact that I give money to a charity supporting Palestine...

Sorry it has been so long sorting this out...so we'll start again if that's okay with people..

Finally got these out of the loft for pictures.

You can see the cracking of the bass driver surround and the bits of water damage on the wood. I'm not sure why one set of tweeter bolts have rusted, whilst the others are fine...

The foam bungs are disintegrating too.

The bass drivers move freely, but I've not tried them on the end of an amp.

I have the original boxes :)

advertisement

Back