advertisement

Dutch & Dutch 8C - Where are they?

Where are Dutch&Dutch well they are now also at Ultimate Stream in Farnham, give Steve Helliker a call to arrange an audition.
Keith

Dealers always stock different loudspeakers - to account for different looks and sizes and customer preferences. Also to give customers the chance to compare. Why would they not?

Why were you selling Kii’s and Dutch & Dutch 8C at the same time?
From what you report now I would've expected the level matched double blind listening tests to preclude the former.
Why sell both , they are both really cracking speakers why on earth wouldn’t I?
Unless selling a ‘direct competitor’ breaks ‘the first rule of being a dealer’ which Bruno gave as a reason for my dismissal, I have never been good with rules.
Keith

Isn’t there another dealer (on PFM also) that sells both?

Plus surely the likes of pro audio shops would sell both at they both have studio heritage?

Why sell both , they are both really cracking speakers why on earth wouldn’t I?

Since dropping the Kii you've stated here Dutch & Dutch 8C do everything as well as Kii for far less £.
Which makes the Kii relatively poor value.
Wondering why you didn't detect that during your double blind level matched listening tests.

Since dropping the Kii you've stated here Dutch & Dutch 8C do everything as well as Kii for far less £.
Which makes the Kii relatively poor value.
Wondering why you didn't detect that during your double blind level matched listening tests.
A mastering engineer visited here Wednesday he wanted to compare Kiis and Dutch&Dutch, he thought they were both superb, he was amazed at the sound quality in what for him was an untreated room, especially when he sat away from the speakers or listened off axis.
The fact remains the 8C in the UK have an SRP of £8995 the Kiis in standard colours £10995 , although the ‘pro’ version are £500 cheaper.
I didn’t ‘drop’ Kii I was kicked off, I would still very much like to be able to represent them.
Keith

Is this thread really going in the same pointless direction as the "Another Kii THREE thread" thread?

A mastering engineer visited here Wednesday he wanted to compare Kiis and Dutch&Dutch, he thought they were both superb, he was amazed at the sound quality in what for him was an untreated room, especially when he sat away from the speakers or listened off axis.
The fact remains the 8C in the UK have an SRP of £8995 the Kiis in standard colours £10995 , although the ‘pro’ version are £500 cheaper.
I didn’t ‘drop’ Kii I was kicked off, I would still very much like to be able to represent them.
Keith

Have you been taking 'how to miss the point and waffle' lessons from Boris Johnson?
What conclusions did you come of the relative merits of the Kii and Dutch & Dutch 8C when you conducted your double blind level matched listening tests?

Are you just going to absorb the last Kii £500 price rise Lee?
I still don’t understand why Kii found it necessary to raise the price of the domestic speakers but leave the ‘pro’ version unchanged.
Keith

Yes best not to make a fuss about it....! Or you might receive a spiteful letter from a scientist turned salesman.
BW Keith

I would imagine, its for quality check and failure rates of the painted finish to the cabs. Pro user don't care if there's a microscopic OCD type blemish, where as nerds want the speakers built by virgin angels wearing soft white gloves.

OR .... maybe its because the pro version' cabs will be made in big batches and 'customer choice versions' will be made to order in single numbers.

Yes best not to make a fuss about it....! Or you might receive a spiteful letter from a scientist turned salesman.
BW Keith

Keith, I'm on your side. But can we see the contents of this spiteful letter please? It may turn more to the D&D if it's as you say. I'll ignore measurements if the makers are sh*ts.

Yes, for the time being anyway. If the exchange rate moves significantly or if Kii issues a revised sterling price list, I will have to reconsider.

I would be interested in your thoughts on the sound of the Kiis versus DDs (if that's not "out of bounds" for a dealer of both).

advertisement

Back