advertisement

Dump The Guardian!

He's not criticising it because it has a political agenda, he's criticising it because it doesn't dovetail perfectly with his political agenda.

Here we go from front page of on-line Guardian site and took 5 seconds to find.. as usual... https://www.theguardian.com/global/...ple-children-suicide-bullying-rightwing-media

Yes it's still better than any other paper though over all.

In fairness that is a pretty big story at present, and the gutter tabloids are behaving in the oppressive bigoted and fascist manner we expect from them. A perfectly legitimate story IMO. No decent society should allow shit like Dacre to publish his bile unchallenged.

It has been a major part of the massive anti-Corbyn propaganda campaign over the last few years.

Dump the Guardian!

The Guardian has spent the last two years relentlessly attacking Jeremy Corbyn.
Only recently has it changed its tune, perhaps worried that it has alienated too many readers. Corbyn's success has been despite the Guardian and the rest of the corporate media. The Guardian will now want readers to forget its propaganda war on Corbyn. We've compiled this list so they don't. Dump the Guardian!

http://theguardian.fivefilters.org/

Your observation that it's changed its tune seems contrary to the logic of dumping it now. They didn't toe the Anyone But Killary line and lick Trump's golden portal either.

If it didn't have one, this thread might not exist. Start one about the Telegraph and I will post the same thing.

This is where it all goes wrong...they have picked the word news as their number one keyword for SEO. But its not news. It's an interpretation of events, too often loaded with a political bias.

38453577562_be0f4c2b32_h.jpg

The Guardian has an ideology. Its just not quite sure what it is.

Despicable mess of ill-conceived liberal bullshit written by goons who blindly swallowed other people's dreams of social change whilst deeply imbedded in their safe middle-class suburbs.

And yet...long long ago it was the newspaper to read. Now its irrelevant, like the rest of them.

Financial Times or Reuters come to mind (I know the last one isn't a newspaper but it is pretty reliable IMO).

I will get shot down for this, but the I and the BBC are more central than than the Guardian. It's only my opinion, and of course you are all entitled to it.

First thing I did was to WhoIs it, but whatever it is it is hidden behind a ‘Respect my privacy LLC’ registration, i.e. they don’t want you to know.
Itll be Dacre and Blair as exec board members and a couple of disgruntled New Labour MPs with Isle of Man money transfers after Mogg and Redwood have passed the hat round their blue rinse howler clients.

He's right...any paper with a political agenda should fvck off. Or at least stop calling themselves newspapers. Won't leave many, I confess....

Most people here post links from the Guardian, like it is going to win people over. It's not, it's merely part of the PFM echo chamber.
Best get your ear plugs dear or put nextflix on at the Bunker.

what we need is a colour chart (red/green/blue/orange) to suggest where the media's sympathies lie.
I agree that some pretence at neutrality wouldbe nice, but I don't see much sign of it. I do think the beeb tried hard to retain impartiality for most of the 20th C, but now they appear to be 'pushed' by whoever is in power to present the chosen angle, so, govt puppets.
There is no neutral IMO.

Best get your ear plugs dear or put nextflix on at the Bunker.
You're defo a Guardian reader. I don't recall any posts with links but I know you through here well enough to place you as one of those right (sorry I mean left) in the middle of Guardianism. I can just picture you in the euphoric throes of retirement next year, trotting down those Edinburgh lanes on a cold and misty Sunday morning, stopping off at the newsagent for a copy of the Observer (my best mate used to write for them, interestingly), then down to the canopéed cafés for a full Scottish to while away the morning.

I get the iPad edition- I read it in bed with a cup of tea before going out. My favoured cooked breakfast is the famous Ulster Fry.

Well, as we have already discussed; English, Scottish, Irish breakfast are all the same thing really.

You make a very good point- though there are interesting vernacular variations . You always get a bit of a surprise when the local version is put down to you.

what we need is a colour chart (red/green/blue/orange) to suggest where the media's sympathies lie.
I agree that some pretence at neutrality wouldbe nice, but I don't see much sign of it. I do think the beeb tried hard to retain impartiality for most of the 20th C, but now they appear to be 'pushed' by whoever is in power to present the chosen angle, so, govt puppets.
There is no neutral IMO.
They have it written somewhere that they offer a smidgeon of support for the government in power at the time. I am not sure how they got there exactly or how it is worded, but it makes sense that a state-funded organisation is not too belligerent. Their destruction (or empowerment) of Corbyn via Laura Cvntsberg has not helped their cause in my opinion. Too much support. But then again, the Guardian was doing the same thing. Strange times.

I will get shot down for this, but the I and the BBC are more central than than the Guardian. It's only my opinion, and of course you are all entitled to it.

They are all pretty much in the same political area, the Guardian slightly to the left of centre, the BBC slightly to the right and the I probably somewhere between. You are very vocal about the Guardian which puzzles me given so many really extreme and nasty publications exist (Mail, Telegraph, Breitbart, Express, Sun etc etc). All of which very actively promote bigotry and division.

I’ll happily read the Guardian, I or FT, they are to my mind the only decent papers in the UK. The rest is just divisive hate-shit.

PS I haven’t mentioned The Times as it is so long since I’ve seen a copy I have no idea where it lies these days. Back in the ‘80s I used to buy the Sunday Times, but mainly because I preferred its, magazine, arts review section and TV guide!

The Times is a shocker in terms of quality these days. Like the Terrible-graph, they've raced down market to meet Dacre in his segment. Desmond is left flailing, printing more fringe crazy stuff to get attention- is he not trying to offload the corpse? The Sun just chunters on- they know their readership- Corbo, Bonking, Bonkers, Sex Pest, Lefty, Lesbo, Paedo,Punter, Footie, Bojo, Loony, Remoaner (oops, 3 syllables)etc etc.

They are all pretty much in the same political area, the Guardian slightly to the left of centre, the BBC slightly to the right and the I probably somewhere between. You are very vocal about the Guardian which puzzles me given so many really extreme and nasty publications exist (Mail, Telegraph, Breitbart, Express, Sun etc etc). All of which very actively promote bigotry and division.

I’ll happily read the Guardian, I or FT, they are to my mind the only decent papers in the UK. The rest is just divisive hate-shit.

PS I haven’t mentioned The Times as it is so long since I’ve seen a copy I have no idea where it lies these days. Back in the ‘80s I used to buy the Sunday Times, but mainly because I preferred its, magazine, arts review section and TV guide!

I am with you there. I bought the Sunday Times until maybe be 15 years ago because you got a full days worth for 2 quid.

Sorry about the militant Guardian attitude. But nip over to a motorbike forum and I am there slating the right wing press. I just get frustrated with herds, braying in echo chambers.

advertisement

Back