advertisement

diyAudio group buy Paradise R3 phono stage boards

And any case will need ventilation unless the heatsink connects to the casework. Andrews Naim cases are ideal as there's a 1mm gap between top edge of sled and underside of the sleeve.

The Flap P cases are very nice indeed but I already had 2 galaxy cases so I am trying to squeeze everything into them :)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69508926@N05/9563287585/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69508926@N05/9563287611/in/photostream/

The paradise boards will fit sideways (just :eek:) if I reverse the side heat sinks as there is a deep groove in the middle and the boards sits nicely in them on stand offs.
I'm trying to make my mind up with the power supply board as to where to position the transformers?, I like the transformers at the front of the case but I think the wise place is with the most distance between the transformer and the phono boards.
I am going to bolt the 2 cases together and fill the gap with copper and steel plate as additional shielding.
For the galaxy cases you can order a top and bottom plate that is virtually fully perforated so there will be better ventilation.
For the power link I have a military 6 pin Amphenol fitting one end will be a captive lead with a continuous cable to the cap6 boards.
Any thoughts, advise ?.

Alan

Have finally got round to cutting the socket holes in the cases for my Paradise build - just got to assemble it now....

Ah well, you know it did happen :).

Will take some pics of the construction next week.

Can't wait to plug it in. I read the hi-fi news review of Guys new phono stage and I recognised a lot of the comments as being similar to my thoughts with regard to the Paradise. It will be interesting to compare them.

You've done a really nice job of the electronic build Si :).

(Oh, I've sorted out anodised front panels for us - will tell you later).

null_zps237d85d5.jpg

null_zps94ae7815.jpg

Getting there :)

advertisement

Back