advertisement

diyAudio group buy Paradise R3 phono stage boards

Hi Simon

Thank for the kind offer I had placed order with Farnell just before you replied for 150 of each type.

You have also answered the other thing that I was going to ask and that was about cross matching.

I've sent you a pm.

Sharif.

Yeh, no worries.

I've just finished building Joachim's pair. He sent them stuffed with the riaa resistors and caps and the big electrolytics. The negative psu rail has been pulling down to 8v instead of 16.4v. Had me scratching my head...

Turns out he'd put two of the psu rail caps in backwards.... lol. Took me three days to spot them, woods for the trees...

Yeh, no worries.

I've just finished building Joachim's pair. He sent them stuffed with the riaa resistors and caps and the big electrolytics. The negative psu rail has been pulling down to 8v instead of 16.4v. Had me scratching my head...

Turns out he'd put two of the psu rail caps in backwards.... lol. Took me three days to spot them, woods for the trees...

I put a cap in backwards in an amp board once, it was easy to spot as it was the only one that flew off the board and hit the ceiling!

:eek::D

Pete

Digging back through this thread I was looking for a Paradise build that had acrylic front panels with a bit of engraving or milling... I think the pictures have succumbed to the Photobucket purge....

Whoever it was I'd be really appreciative of details of where you had the front panels made up and how they were designed. I was thinking about replacing the plain aliminium bilets on my Paradise boxes, something to let the LEDs shine through.

Ta.

yep defo YNWOAN

BTW Simon if you have any matched transistors you wish to sell I would be interested as I still have some boards I wish to build a new set with :)

Alan

16658755227_9e5d830b1f_b.jpg

16824881721_71ec9c3125_b.jpg

9687085759_bf9ae02ddc_h.jpg

Flickr..

Most of the builds I've done have panels by Mark. Except his and mine are on anodized alloy, customer units are acrylic panels. If you have Naim shoebox cases I have a set of four mid grey front panels left over, since Andrew sold out of cases.

Alan I'm all out at the minute. I only have a small selection of spares which have been set aside for any customer units that need them. I keep a record of all the values so I can match them up should any ever go pop. It's not happened yet like, but never say never.

Yep, I designed the font for the front (the paradise bit anyway) and made all the acrylic panels (they are laser etched and cut). I also did the engraved speed buttons above and the 'whirling seed' design (though the idea for it was Si's). My own also have smoked grey acrylic sleeves to the cases - I think I made some for Si as well.

If you have Naim shoebox cases I have a set of four mid grey front panels left over, since Andrew sold out of cases.

Are you willing to part with these? I have 4 of Andrew's cases and most of the makings of a Paradise pair for my winter project.

Si, where did you get the acrylic front panels made up please? My Paradise boxes are a little smaller than a Naim shoebox size and would need four mounting holes.

They do look very professional indeed and why not after the meticulous and professional way you built the boards...fabulous!

Would someone please advise the max and recommended input voltages to the shunt regs. My pre-reg outputs seem rather high.

More searching and I have found the psu diagram and spec. So plus/minus 25V is minimum I/p. Need to drop some more V in the pre-regs. It would be useful to know the max ip voltage recommended.

If using calvin boards then on load at the input to the shunt regs, 27.5v absolute max in an amazingly vented case. I set all mine at 26.5v which leaves wriggle room both ways for plus/minus five volts fluctuation on the mains.

24.5 is absolute minimum, shunt stops working below that.

advertisement

Back