advertisement

diyAudio group buy Paradise R3 phono stage boards

Still using 44s 45s, I did try the Toshiba alternatives but couple hear or measure a diffrence. 627 on the servo makes a difference though.

Slawet I have boards for psu left, I don't have any diagrams. The traffo board is a simple transformer board with common mode chokes and space for snubbers. The rectifier smoother board is built for a CLCRC filter and two pin diodes, Qspeed 10amp diodes are my preferred choice.

Slawet I have boards for psu left, I don't have any diagrams. The traffo board is a simple transformer board with common mode chokes and space for snubbers. The rectifier smoother board is built for a CLCRC filter and two pin diodes, Qspeed 10amp diodes are my preferred choice.
Thanks for the info , tbh I'm bit undecided if I should go for Paradise or SUT , hearing Paradise would be of great help , anyone with one in Essex please let me know.
Only available Paradise at the moment is fully populated one , I PM'd Joachim from Diyaudio (might have odd boards laying around) and posted wanted add there , so there is a chance .
Have you applied any tweaks/changes to R2 boards apart from better components matching?
Correct me if I'm wrong , main boards require something betweem 26.5-27.5 VDC , positive and negative rails obviously , what's the current requiremnt?
Regards
Slav

The psu is 25-26.5v +/- at 300mA per rail.

I built misterdogs boards. Upgraded opamp in servo, lower dc offset. Transistors matched to better than 1%, riaa matched to 0.1%, 2sk170 on the back end of the current mirrors, j113s on the stunts, matched output stage. Shunt stability mod is added, with extra hf decoupling of the first stage of the shunt.

There component cost for a pair of paradise main boards is over £400. You'll need to buy parts from eight different vendors and if you can match a full set of transistors from fewer than 500 parts you'll be doing well. Total build time for a pair of main boards is close to 50 hours and that's not including the hunting the parts out at various suppliers.

If I was selling misterdogs boards I'd be asking twice as much.

No, no one has moved to suts.

Si
I had a listen to Keith1962 paradise Phono built by you and they sounded superb, very nice work.
Im going to be building another set of boards this year with Calvins this time so will have some questions on suppliers of transistors :)

Alan

It seems I managed to get Paradise boards including Calvin's buffer boards , I might start with original PSU and then try Simons supply ,are the later boards much bigger?

I'm really looking forward , it must be 5 or 6 years since I've done something, it must be KT88 Push/pull amplifier with transformer interstage coupling , me thinks.God knows where my oscilloscope is .

There's no real difference in size, the boards I use have an extra cap per rail and there's space for correct c-rc snubbers of the transformer secondaries. A small but worthwhile improvement.

Holler if you need any help with the build.

advertisement

Back