advertisement

diyAudio group buy Paradise R3 phono stage boards

Actually, Hfe matching is probably less relevant than VBe matching. You can have two devices in parallel, with identical Hfe, but if one has smaller VBe, it will hog all the current.

27276530726_00fa9a1b2a_b.jpg

Ian your Paradise is ready to collect. Shunt stability mod added

28753726586_46738f031e_b.jpg

Another one delivered yesterday, smoked grey front panel to sit nicely with his Olive faced gear.

What colour would you like?

I was thinking of milling a window in the sled behind the text so that the glow of the LEDs inside would cast a subtle backlight. The light smokey color in post #706 should work really well!

Ah, those panels aren't actually smoked in the sense that they are semi-transparent, they are actually opaque (smoky in colour).

You could use a light tube to get the light to the front panel and illuminate as per marks suggestion.

For me, milling is easier and cleaner. I can run my mill horizontally, so I can clamp the sled horizontally with bends intact. Then the corners of the window can be made with annular cutters and connected with side cutters. Then the window just falls out.

The LED panels that Naim used in the Olive series are still available, so they could be placed behind the window. It was just appealing to have the glow come from further back.

How was the lettering etched in the picture in #706? If there's a significant depth to the etch, it might be possible to put an LED in the acrylic and light pipe it so that the lettering actually glows.

They look to be lasered from the backside. It's a very nice effect.

I'll see if the local maker space has a laser table. It would be a nice technique to have available for consistency across my projects.

advertisement

Back