advertisement

diyAudio group buy Paradise R3 phono stage boards

Ca. 210 sets of parts at 85 € is 17,850 €. Not really enough to warrant relocation to Brazil.

Your optimism is touching.

I recall a GB on this very forum where someone disappeared* with our money and that was for a lot less.

* ( whisper it softly ... there are people on here who don't like it talked about.. they think that if you do you are being very unfair to the thief who took our money because he is not here to defend himself )

Received my PCBs in the US today. What are we supposed to do with the heat sinks? It seems like they should be outside of the case. Or is the idea to mount them inside with lots of flow through ventilation?

Mine arrived this week in the UK, PCBs and components. Looking to be a good Christmas project.

My boards arrived a couple of weeks ago and I have been pondering what to put them in ever since.If I separate the power suply then it will take three shoebox cases to house them.
A bit excessive methinks.
Judging by the supplied heatsinks the designer has included good airflow may be required as well.

I look forward to pictures of successfully completed boards from this group buy.

Because mine ain't doing dick. No lights no voltage, nada.

Just in the process of putting together one of the boards. I'm rusty at soldering so it is very slow.

I'm having a nightmare matching the 337/327s. I think I can do at a 10% match.

All built up here, I just need to sort out coils and traffos for the PSU. I can't be arsed to wait for the JG psu board group buy.

One psu all built up and tested with random transformer. I still need a couple of Kendeils and 18v traffos to finish this off. With a bit of luck it should be making music this time next week.

8320655163_95c187a11b_c.jpg

Well, I've built one board so far. Whilst the PSU bit works, giving +/-18Vdc all the test point voltages are wrong on the board. Some of the 337/327s are getting a little hot. I did spot that I had bridged a couple of transistor legs (fixed) and incorrectly placed a 327 for a 337 (fixed)...but no dice as yet...

The LEDs look pretty though...:)

One psu all built up and tested with random transformer. I still need a couple of Kendeils and 18v traffos to finish this off. With a bit of luck it should be making music this time next week.

8320655163_95c187a11b_c.jpg

I'm finally getting there with one of the boards...reading the manual has been hard for me...hahahaha

Where are you sourcing your 18V traffos?

And how does one channel sound?

Sorry for the tardy response, i was banned for calling someone a C?%$.

I bought the black plastic encapsulated 18v traffos from Farnell, they kick out 19.2 so 27v at the end of the hacker board using CLCLCL, I might drop a couple of 10 ohm inside the coils and see what it looks like on the scope. (Elliot psu says ti should tidy things a little).

Both channels are built up and working. I had a nightmare tracking down a 2v imbalance in the current mirrors on one channel. I spent ages chasing voltages all around both boards until i homed in on a 2sk170 on the + rail, shorted across S_G. Flipped pcb over to remove it and there was a dollop of solder shorting across the legs- result.

All wired and fired and sounding great now. Don't stress the earthing arrangement, FDW makes it sound more complex than it is. Mine is silent with just the tonearm earth wire plugged in via an RC at the star earth (not really a SE more a wire going to the plug from the psu boards.)

Does anyone have a real BOM? The one on the DIYA thread is pretty sketchy. E.g., "LED 3mm" – what color and mW? "ZD 12V" – what mW? And what mW for all the resistors? Thanks.

Simon, I see you've put your name down again. But you didn't fill out the field where you're expected to say how many boards you want ("Anzahl Platinen"). 2 are required for a stereo unit.

Thanks Markus, I was mulling it over, 2 or 4.

LED's Green
vf=1.9v
If=3.33mA

Resistors, 250mw should do for all the signal path stuff, 600mw will be safe/overkill in the PSU, apart from the 'obvious' 3w resistors in front of the shunt.

advertisement

Back