advertisement

Devendra Banhart Interview

matthewr

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld
This is, considering the source, quite possibly the single most bizarre quote I have ever read:

"Oasis, Blur, Pulp, Suede, Elastica, blaring out of everywhere, I loved all that Britpop thing," he chirps. "I even liked Ocean Colour Scene. But I drew the line at Menswear! We'd go to the Britpop night every weekend. A lot of us [the band] even met there, listening to Oasis. We still blast Be Here Now on the bus. All Around The World, Girl In The Dirty Shirt, Don't Go Away, every song is amazing. I read it got some bad reviews ... "

The album which was only ever loved by Liam - and now you.

"Just Liam and me!" he roars, delighted. "Right on! I love Liam, man, he's a ****ing superstar! He's a bad-ass, y'know?"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguide/features/story/0,,2188577,00.html

I accidentally* played Be Here Now yessterday for the first time in about 3 or 4 years. I probably won't play it again for another 3 or 4 years.

* accidental because i thought i'd picked The Masterplan fom my vinyl record rack, but decided to play it anyway as i couldn't be arsed walking 5 feet back to my record rack.

What the hell was the record company thinking when they recorded the early Oasis albums, There is no dynamic range at all. My CD Player has flourescent level meters on it and they peg themselves at 0dB and don't move again until the CD has finished.

eh ? If you actually believe what you say , you must surely be the most deluded and misguided person within a ( at least ) one thousand mile radius.

advertisement

Back