advertisement

Dealers you would recommend

had my first dealing with a company called "Many Wonderful Things." Excellent service, and a great knowledge of naim products in particular.

Cymbiosis Leicestershire

Stamford audio (loads of extra help and support) for a herculese ps for lp12

Ryan sound labs for the replacement cards for my 72. And fast, clear and undisputed replacement support as one failed.

Richer sounds nottingham esp their unbelievable after sales service

But I also have to agai recommend Gary at Audio Emotion for yet another example of excellent customer service regarding my latest speaker purchase.

Darren at Class A, top guy, great service
Les W at Avondale, as above
Rayleigh Hifi in Chelmsford have always been very helpful
The PFM classifieds, nice people andit feels safer that the bay

HiFi Corner Falkirk

Great Service, offered that I could pay for 8200p, gave me demo unit to take home for a week, if I wasnt impressed bring it back for a full refund. Or call and they would order my one, and once it arrives bring the demo one back. Gave me a really good chunky discount as well :) Now that is service!!

Customer service was flawless, really nice knowledgable chaps.

If I had any money left, and anything to buy, i would certainly go back!!

10/10

Another shout for Richer Sounds - especially in comparison to the Currys shop next door in Jamaica Stree, Glasgow. I popped into Currys yesterday to see if there was any info to be had on why the Sonos Play 1 doesn't support FLAC. No one in the shop knew what the hell I meant by FLAC and what's more, the supervisor told me the Sonos works with Bluetooth. It doesn't!

I popped into Richer Sounds this morning when they were taking their morning delivery and although I was 20 minutes too early for their official opening hours, the guy didn't bat an eyelid - and neither did the store manager - when I waltzed in unwittingly: I just saw the door open and assumed they were open for business. The end result being I bought a Sonos Play 1 (my second overall) and left as a satisfied customer.

I don't buy much from Richer Sounds these days, but I've only ever had a positive experience whenever I have :)

My experience with dealers is very limited as I usually can't afford to buy stuff new, but I must recommend the following:

RicherSounds in Jamaica St. Glasgow. I don't buy much from them anymore but I've been a customer since I was 10 yrs old and have always received a first rate service from them. I just wished they had more floorspace and less customers as it was often like a cattle market in there!

HiFi Corner in Edinburgh, where I bought my most expensive new purchase in recent years (my Yamaha A-S3000). The customer service I received from Struan MacKenzie was exemplary.

Mark Dolbear (owner of Electromod). Mark is the UK distributor/retailer of Schiit Audio (though he also sells a few other brands) and has become a good friend to me over the last few years since my original Schiit purchase. He is one of the good guys that wears his heart on his sleeve and does whatever he can to help. He even helped me get a job as a reviewer!

HiFi corner (again) in Falkirk...lovely experience, relaxed, friendly and with good pricing.

Evolution Audio / Wychwood audionics..the non foo foo merchants. Paul is a great bloke regardless, but if you need your supply nurtured, go see him first. Sensible prices, brilliant kit that works.

Lintone Audio, Gateshead. I always dealt with David Baker, who is a great guy, very knowledgeable, and was always happy to let me spend many hours in the demo room without ever pushing for a sale. He now has his own company - Audio Therapy, Newcastle.

Rayleigh Hifi, Rayleigh were my local dealer for many years in the 80s/90s until I moved up north. Always great service and support.

Recently purchased a Q acoustics sound base from Richers Norwich very pleasant experience.

Not looking for much hi-fi at the moment but (although no flash shop front) Ammonite audio Norwich were very helpful during a visit.

advertisement

Back