advertisement

Dealers you would recommend

Acoustica in Chester and Doug Brady in Warrington. Good honest chaps who love HiFi and love music. Also Deco Audio for being so accommodating when I got some new stands. Howard Popeck at LFD4U offers a very different, but interesting and frank experience too if you are looking to try LFD gear! As an example he was very candid that he didn't think my Krell KRC-3 would be beaten by an equivalent LFD pre so only recommended me the power amp and speaker cable instead of a pre/power bundle. IMO all good HiFi dealers are like this, never sell you something unless they believe you will get a big enough improvement for your money.

A couple of excellent experiences I've had recently:

The peeps at Vortexbox, who have answered any email with a phone call within the hour - even on Christmas eve to get my new Benchmark DAC working with the server.

Igloo Audio, who were both helpful and knowledgeable on the phone; and got my Benchmark DAC delivered very quickly, so I'd have to time to check it out whilst on leave.

Also, both were refreshingly bullsh!t free, and made useful suggestions.

Music Matters, Birmingham

Always a great experience when I have visited them.

Which of their several Birmingham area branches? The Solihull store never seem to have what I want and they did sell me Cyrus gear when I was burgled years ago (never got on with it)

Living in the East Midlands I have had a good relationship with D.Whittington over the last 25 yrs, genuine bloke, really knows his stuff,never had any issues, has always looked after me, also Musicraft at Derby, again nice bloke to deal with and very helpfull.

Living in the East Midlands I have had a good relationship with D.Whittington over the last 25 yrs, genuine bloke, really knows his stuff,never had any issues, has always looked after me, also Musicraft at Derby, again nice bloke to deal with and very helpfull.

Derek was excellent demonstrating and hence selling me my Planar 3. He just spoilt the visit by playing some Naim kit at unpleasant levels through Isobariks I think it was as we were about to go. I have avoided Naim ever since.

Which of their several Birmingham area branches? The Solihull store never seem to have what I want and they did sell me Cyrus gear when I was burgled years ago (never got on with it)
Solihull, They can order it if they stock the brand, I ordered a rotel system back in 02, it was shipped from another store the same day for me to collect, very helpful in my dealings with them.

Had good experience with UHES who looked after an elderly friend of mine, with efficiency, enthusiasm, and above everything else, without patronising her.

Another vote for Rob at Sonata Hifi in NW London. He's been a good guy to talk to, offering his services without any hard sell.

If you want headphones Paul at hifi lounge. Top man + hours of demo.

Me too. Though it was Wendy who helped me with demoing several of the literally dozens of headphones they have available, over about 3-4 hours with various amps. Huge choice of music in their library. What a superb setup they've got there.

advertisement

Back