advertisement

Dealers you would recommend

Peter at Igloo.

A real gent, along with discussions around what he could supply he suggested brands he didn't stock, and looking at second hand ATCs as a possible approach for me.

In the end I didn't spent money with Peter, but a mega-helpful approach was maintained over several days/weeks of indecision.

Thanks Peter :)

Can a dealer recommend a dealer?

We really like working with Audio Emotion (AURALiC), and AudioT in Tunbridge Wells were very supportive and responsive prior to its sad closure.

Peter

I have a short list of dealers whom I've found to be trustworthy and competent human beings:

Adrian at Audioflair
Richard at Audiologica
Gary at Audio Emotion - although the AE boys take no prisoners when it comes to closing sales: they're seriously territorial about keeping their customers their customers. All above board though.
I hear only good things about The Right Note, and found Jeremy to be well-informed and civil.

I have a much longer list of dealers I've found not to be trustworthy or competent . . . some eye-wateringly so. You live and learn.

From a dealer's perspective, a good customer would just be one that buys lots of stock. What makes my day is discovering something new and meeting interesting people: if they buy stuff, it's a bonus!

I have a short list of dealers whom I've found to be trustworthy and competent human beings:

Adrian at Audioflair
Richard at Audiologica
Gary at Audio Emotion - although the AE boys take no prisoners when it comes to closing sales: they're seriously territorial about keeping their customers their customers. All above board though.
I hear only good things about The Right Note, and found Jeremy to be well-informed and civil.

I have a much longer list of dealers I've found not to be trustworthy or competent . . . some eye-wateringly so. You live and learn.

From a dealer's perspective, a good customer would just be one that buys lots of stock. What makes my day is discovering something new and meeting interesting people: if they buy stuff, it's a bonus!

As a business consultant I would say your attitude not only makes you happy, but will also maximise your profitability in the long term. Punters are not mugs and will offer repeat business to good providers, as well as telling all their friends. It is true for almost all service businesses.

Nic P

I'd like to praise Gary and Terry from Analogue Seduction, Cambs - they have just left after replacing the midrange drivers in my Kharma's. One driver was fried by a faulty ex dem MF amp that I bought from Gary. Gary replaced the amp for a brand new one at no extra cost. I also have to say that MF paid for the new drivers without hassle.

Gary and Terry made the 3 hr journey to my home in Preston, Lancs; it was great to meet them, chat and listen to some tunes. Highly recommended dealers and good, decent people:)

Radlett Audio.

Always a pleasure to deal with David at Radlett.

I'm also a fan of Richer Sounds.
Very down to earth, no hard sell and a decent range.
Sort of modern day Laskys.

Along with LesW Avondale, audiorigami et al, I have to mention Andy from Rayleigh HiFi in Rayleigh. A more "mainstream/ high street" dealer than some of the others mentioned on this thread, but excellent, personal service.
Lengthy home demos, no pressure to buy, honest personal opinions, all good stuff.
Matt.

Cymbiosis. Leicester

Graham's. London.

Spaldings croydon

Billy Vee. Lewisham.

Richer sounds for more modest stuff

Ceritech Audio in Monmouth, they have always been good with me and are happy with a home demo and set up (with obvious precautions). The most important thing is they love music and even have a small vinyl for sale collection. I always come away with something but have never been pressured.

advertisement

Back