advertisement

DAC & Streamer

johnp5509

Hi

Been building my vinyl system. Currently nac72/nap140/hicap with RP3/rb300/ortofon520 with MA ref700.

Would like to access my digital music too and guess a streamer and dac would do the trick. The arcam r dac has good reviews and logitech squeezebox duet seems to be a streamer of choice (will give you an idea of my budget). Any recommendations?

Thanks

rdac is very good for the money.

You can now stream music from an itouch to the rdac, very tempting indeed.

What about sonos - streamer, access to spotify and napster plus Internet radio - very easy to set in main system and in other rooms round the house. I love mine.

I use a stream magic 6 with my Naim kit. The internal dac is very good and comparable with my CDX2 internal dac. So much so that I prefer it. Not bad when you look at the relative cost of the high end Naim player.

It also does Spotify through Spotify Connect, Internet radio, usb files has dac i/p and o/p's, WiFi and wired network connectivity.

You might find one on ebay.

ps I'm not selling one I'm keeping mine and have had it several years.

+1 for the SM6 - a very good box of tricks at rrp and something of a bargain at used prices. For around £300 the output from the twin Wolfson DACs is excellent. Even has a very good dsp based pre-amp for all your digital sources.

Far smoother experience compared to the Duet (which I use in the garage fed from the same NAS).

You could pay far more for a worse sound.

I've just upgraded to the 851N so have a spare immaculate specimen in silver ;) - that does not change my opinion of them though, they really are one of hifi's bargains.

We've just brought an old thread up to date!

All part of the service!

advertisement

Back