advertisement

[cs] Where to crop?

auric

pfm Member
An old image snatched while enjoying a beer and a pie when the sun was out.

Am gong through old images with a new eye as discussed in A question of etiquette http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=168640

Any advice?

DSCF0018_zps80badc90.png

I would apply quite a heavy crop putting the couple in the centre of the image (the mini, lampost and the street are distracting) and straighten up the image so the monument is upright and try to sort out some of the verticals, but even then the no entry sign above the girl is very distracting. I'm no expert BTW.

Something like:-

As Mr P says, your verticals are all over the place, and the mini and no entry signs are a distraction, the sky is blown out and the white balance is off. I'd use perspective correction in CS to save a bit more of the monument, kind of like this:

16591629965_d56be98523_o.jpg

Well folks, I will just have to discipline myself to look around more prior to pressing the button. More a snapper than a photographer. Thanks for all the pointers.

Some times getting the shot is more important than framing, as long as you get everything in the frame you can crop later, you can't add some more to one side afterwards.

Pete

Some times getting the shot is more important than framing, as long as you get everything in the frame you can crop later, you can't add some more to one side afterwards.

Pete

Round about right.

Whilst enjoying a pint and a pie I spied a petty face in the sun, took the shot and returned to my pie. Almost got the 6*4 grid and automatic level on the x20 correctly aligned but better luck next time :)

advertisement

Back