advertisement

Cranberries lead singer Dolores O'Riordan, RIP.

yes shocked RIP, I had a real soft spot for the Cranberries in the 1990s, she was so young as well, just 46.

Had enough of death today what with Delores, Cyril Regis, learning today that the wife of a colleague I am friends with, passed away completely unexpectedly yesterday, she was 60.

RIP....I saw them live at the Tower in Hull in 1993...it was empty. They weren't cool enough for me at the time so I must have been going to see the support act...no idea who it was though. Anyone know who supported them on that debut UK headline tour?

edit: they were supporting Belly!

Actually, it is an excellent piece of work of mainly old stuff with some new ones. The string section and the production is all top drawer.

yes shocked RIP, I had a real soft spot for the Cranberries in the 1990s, she was so young as well, just 46.

Had enough of death today what with Delores, Cyril Regis, learning today that the wife of a colleague I am friends with, passed away completely unexpectedly yesterday, she was 60.
Sorry to hear this too, genuinely. I lost a friend over Christmas too, he was 53, a teetotaller and in very good health, nobody could have predicted it.

Sorry to hear this too, genuinely. I lost a friend over Christmas too, he was 53, a teetotaller and in very good health, nobody could have predicted it.

what I didn't say was i also spent the morning with the bereaved partner of a colleague who died just before Xmas, sorting out his personal effects from his office.

RIP
Quality band, quality singer

When you avoid music on the basis of cool, maybe time to take a long hard look, just sayin'

RIP Dolores O'Riordan, one of the last great voices of the 90s radio.

I confess I've never put a Cranberries record on a deck or a disc into a player at home - but they were one the most iconic bands of last big decade of FM radio, 90s, before Internet killed it. I listened to it only in the car, always cranking "Dreams" up to the point of distortion...

They were the band you have to remember the exact moment you heard them for the first time on the radio. If you are 40+ today (sorry kids), you know how important this once was. The Cranberries were the true nineties, almost as much as it was Nirvana.

Even if this paragraph is too much (could be), for me they would go into history just for what Wong Kar Wai did with their song in one of my favorite films ever "Chungking Express".

Rest in peace Dolores, hope that Faye Wong will keep the spirit of your dreams!

I met her once when the band came to play an in-store set to promote 'Everyone Else...' Not sure what happened after that album but she went from a quiet, unassuming singer to rock-star.

RIP. No-one deserves to leave the planet that early.

advertisement

Back