advertisement

Cool new Bessa w/ 50/2.0 Heliar

dan m

pfm Member
Limited edition, mechanical shutter, and what looks like a collapsable lens:

bessar2m_top_ret_rgb.jpg

Available in June - no idea of price.

Gimme.

Why do I just get the dreaded little red "x" on some pics?

This is since I did a re-install of Windows XP a few weeks ago.

The sets consist of either the new Voigtlander Bessa R2M or R3M with the new Voigtlander 50/2 Heliar collapsible lens in M mount

Heresy - digital and C-V shouldn't even be used in the same sentence. Ooops, I just did it - damn!

whenever i see the puny baselength of the rangefinder, it puts me off completely. i really wish they'd do something about that. this is a camera which looks nicer than it fondles--perhaps desirable in a woman...

vuk.

I don't find focussing my 50 Nokton a problem with the R, but if I had a 75 or 90 I'd start to worry. I suppose getting the 1x viewfinder helps a bit, but you loose the 35mm frame lines. The new Zeiss Ikon seems to have a large baselength viewfinder - I wonder who actually makes that? IIRC doesn't CV make some of the new Zeiss glass?
front.left.jpg

Dan

edit: CV does make the new Ikon - why on earth didn't they use that rangefinder on the 3M?

Still don't get the rangefinder obsession...do you guys also drive Model T's?

The 1756-2006, 250 Jahre (years) markings of that limited edition are pretty cynical. About the only thing that's been around for 250 years is the Voigtländer name.

Michael.

Model T is a poor analogy as rangefinders are alternatives to SLRs rather than one being an advancement over the other.

Rangefinders and the sportscars (small, light, fast handling, bare bones) and SLRS are the station wagons (big, heay, flexible, mulit-use, expanqable),.

Still don't get the rangefinder obsession...do you guys also drive Model T's?

Some of us even have turntables! I think what Cosina's Kobayashi is doing for rangefinders is far from cynical.

Dan

Matthew,

SLRS are the station wagons (big, heay, flexible, mulit-use, expanqable),.
Using that analogy, my F4 is a military hovercraft.

nikonf4s.jpg

Joe

Hovercrafts are cool though!

The F4 is more your Russian fat-bottomed military transport plane:

AN%20225.jpg

Matthew,

The F4 is more your Russian fat-bottomed military transport plane:
The embarrassment of shooting pix with a Russian fat-bottomed military transport plane disturbs me to the point of insanity. Surely, a suave bloke such as myself needs a stylish camera -- an FM3A, with matching 45mm the pancake lens.

10104510140.jpg

Joe

Dan,

Close. You'd need an olde tyme F2A to get that shot:

U-1234.jpg

Joe

advertisement

Back