advertisement

Conclusions!

Purité Audio

Trade: Purite Audio
The conclusion from the Stereophile Benchmark DAC3 review.
Conclusions
Once, in these pages, I expressed regret that rigorous listening tests are not truly viable in many high-end audio contexts, because without them we're unmoored. Without rigorous testing, it's hard to know what progress is real and what is only apparently real. There's a danger of being misled, of repeating the same mistakes again and again, of spending way too much money on things of little value. All of that helps the more cynical part of the high-end industry thrive at the expense of the more authentic, conscientious part. That's regrettable.

My point is that, as a hobby, industry, and avocation, we may have shifted too far toward the subjectivist side. Yes, I know the history, and accept its lessons: Measurements sometimes lead us astray, and there are plenty of open questions about what makes a component sound good..... Science works. Artists may be sexy, but never underestimate a good geek."
​Keith

If I could find a £200 DAC that had all the features and measured as well as the DAC 3 I would certainly consider it, why not?
Do you know of one Muzzer does Colin from Chevron audio make one?
Keith

My point is that, as a hobby, industry, and avocation, we may have shifted too far toward the subjectivist side. Yes, I know the history, and accept its lessons: Measurements sometimes lead us astray, and there are plenty of open questions about what makes a component sound good..... Science works. Artists may be sexy, but never underestimate a good geek."
​Keith
Keith, what do you understand the highlighted text means?

Show me some of your measurements for your products John show me how they improve the DACs output.
Keith

You didn't answer John's question.

The sentence you quoted is ambiguous, and it would be great if you could clarify what you're taking from it and advancing?

Show me the measurements where any of your devices improve the DACs output, really very simple.
Show me the measurements ,
Keith

You still don't understand what you quoted
Measurements sometimes lead us astray, and there are plenty of open questions about what makes a component sound good

I was hoping you did & a discussion could be had but your handwaving demonstrates a discussion is not possible

I find it strange to cite a subjective view in order to advance a supposedly objectivist point of view, and even stranger to then refuse to develop the point.

Keith: as an owner of John's equipment, I'd like to know what sort of measurements you would like to see. Can you elaborate on your doubts in relation to his products?

I have no position to defend here, I'm merely an interested listener. Please, do go on...

I find it strange to cite a subjective view in order to advance a supposedly objectivist point of view, and even stranger to then refuse to develop the point.

Keith: as an owner of John's equipment, I'd like to know what sort of measurements you would like to see. Can you elaborate on your doubts in relation to his products?

I have no position to defend here, I'm merely an interested listener. Please, do go on...

What's going on here is that Keith is aping his guru, Amir https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...as-it-gets’-benchmark’s-dac3.2022/#post-53633

Notice Amir highlights the exact opposite of what I highlighted in the quote

Unfortunately Keith seems to not have any understanding of what he quotes - just imitates others

A perfect exercise for Keith who beats the measurements mantra so avidly, is to use the 3 generations of the Benchmark DACs (the Benchmark DAC3 Stereophile review was where the quote was taken from) & their measurements to educate us in how they sound different & pointing this out in their measurements.

In anticipation (not)!!

Show me the measurements that prove your products improve the quality of the DACs output, I know you can’t because you don’t measure your products, just relying purely on BS.
Keith

Show me the measurements that prove your products improve the quality of the DACs output, I know you can’t because you don’t measure your products, just relying purely on BS.
Keith

Keith my DACs measure exactly the same as all competently designed DACs - isn't that your mantra?

So why don't you just sell the $79 Behringer UMC204HD as Amir has shown it measures the same or better & is far cheaper than your stocked Benchmark, Illusonic, Weiss or Phison DAcs

Show us the differences in measurements of these devices & how they are better than the $79 DAC/ADC Behringer

You are a manufacturer correct ?
You make a device that purports to improve sound quality, show me two sets of measurements one with and one without your device taken at the DACs output that show the improvement , pretty straightforward request.
Keith

advertisement

Back