advertisement

completing album 'sets' (classical)

Helen Bach

if it ain't Baroque ...
(just) one of the problems of buying records from charidy shops is the incompleteness of 'sets' of classical records. Rummaging through boxes of the usual suspects and you think you may have a gem. When you get it home, you realise you have just one or two of a set, the rest were no-where to be found in the shop. I have done this several times (you would think I would learn!) but I decided in January to try to complete the sets I have. And when you think you have the whole set, another one turns up! So trawling through ebay helps, but at a price. Sometimes the one LP I need is the most elusive (for whatever reason) and usually more expensive than the rest of the set from the charidy shop. Still, a nice set is worth it in the end.

Another problem is memory, I have 2000+ classical records, and sometimes I collect many versions of the same music. Trying to remember the ones I have is sometimes (always!) a problem, I have even bought the same record in the same pile, the same day at a charidy shop! However, these are not going to waste, as I use them for A/B listening to two turntables (and no, two mono discs, played together at the same time does not equate to stereo;)).

advertisement

Back