advertisement

Cobra Warrior Waddington

ron

Tweaker
It's on until 23rd Sept (we live about 8 miles away).

Well, I just happen to be driving from Suffolk to Co Durham on 23rd September, and we usually avoid the A1. I suppose I could take the A15 route and, if I’m lucky, they’ll still be there.

Cheers.

Well, I just happen to be driving from Suffolk to Co Durham on 23rd September, and we usually avoid the A1. I suppose I could take the A15 route and, if I’m lucky, they’ll still be there.

Cheers.

It has to be done. :)

I wasn't even aware that CW was on until driving up to Lincoln early last week - a friend of hours (he was crew on the Sentinel, recently leaving the Mob after the plane's retirement from service) usually gave me the heads-up on what was happening.

Traffic cones and temporary speed limits are in place on the A15 between the Bardney turn-off at the southern end of Waddo airfield and the new roundabout at the start of the new bypass. Seeing a line of Tonkas parked up had me scratching my head 'thought we'd retired ours?'. Only on a closer look, they were Luftwaffe. My dad nipped up to Lincoln the other day, said the area was heaving.

Crikey. I’ve been using the other route to the Humber bridge that takes me past Coningsby and up onto the Wolds for a few years. I didn’t even know about the new bypass. That must help Lincoln a lot.

Crikey. I’ve been using the other route to the Humber bridge that takes me past Coningsby and up onto the Wolds for a few years. I didn’t even know about the new bypass. That must help Lincoln a lot.

It was a long time coming (as is everything away from London/SE) but has helped enormously. It still gets very busy but much better than it was before and access to the Lincoln County Hospital in particular (from the south) is vastly improved. They just need to 'dual' the section between the Wragby roundabout and the A46 to Newark/A1 now. Oh..and the A17 from Newark to King's Lynn too (yeah, pigs might fly!) :D

and the A46 to Newark/A1 now. Oh..and the A17 from Newark to King's Lynn too (yeah, pigs might fly!) :D

A good friend is a bridge operator and maintainer on the Cross Keys Bridge at Sutton Bridge… that swing bridge is staying, staying operational, and I doubt there’ll ever be the budget to build a separate dual carriageway. That ground is so soft and deep.

advertisement

Back