advertisement

Christmas music - the verdict

Kids used to love this -

(Probably helps If you know the original version)

Shopping is a much worse experience for the bubble-gum festive (really?) apologies for music pervading every crook and nanny; followed by a booming marketing announcement appended by the tired old slogan 'live well for less'.

I have just remembered (with a wave of nausea) that last year in the self-service area ‘Thank you for shopping at Tesco’ was replaced by ‘Ho ho ho!’ Another reason not to venture through the doors until January 2nd, when of course we will all be able to delight in the new displays of bunnies, chicks and chocolate eggs.

Checked Wiki and it says what you wrote but with a few details.

After an evening out drinking, Holder worked through the night at his mother's house in Walsall to write the lyrics, which he completed in one draft.

Picture the scene... “Noddy? What the hell are you doing in there? Will you stop screaming ‘It’s CHRISTTTT-MASSSS!!’, your dad and I are trying to sleep!”

Today Sainsbury's was playing a non-Christmas, and actually not-too-bad song. I won't name it, because it's incredibly catchy and I've had it on the brain all day as it is.

Today Sainsbury's was playing a non-Christmas, and actually not-too-bad song. I won't name it, because it's incredibly catchy and I've had it on the brain all day as it is.

Do you live in a Christmas black spot, Joe? Pray tell and I'll up sticks and move. The Christmas period seems to me to be Ramadan in reverse; maybe they should call it Nadamar.

advertisement

Back