advertisement

Chord indigo 3pin din

erchie84

Hondo
Got a chance of one of these with a 3 pin din fitment mines is a five however I believe these are made this way anyone know for sure before I buy it's to connect a cd to pre

Yes. Only 3 are used. Chord do this due to the possibility of resonance in the redundant pins I believe.

Yes. Only 3 are used. Chord do this due to the possibility of resonance in the redundant pins I believe.

Bit of a surprise when you open the box and see your Anthem (in my case) has a pin or two missing ! I have had three pin DINs on Anthem DIN>DIN and on a "4pin" DIN>RCA - looks strange but works well.

So a bit of a step up from the chord signature I'm using?

Massive difference. Are you using Sig interconnects? IIRC they could not be terminated with dins so that actually counts further against the Signature in a Naim system as you either use din adapters or the newer Naim kit has switchable RCA sockets. Din will always sound far superior between two Naim components though.

Seconded. Got one between my CD5XS and NAC202. Also the three pin configuration was only used in Anthem, Indigo and Sarum I believe.

Ya I just tried to remove the pins on mine and they seem do be fused in place. Ah well no biggie. $1800 is scary cable for a 5/202, no? Hiline land.

i have had quite a few indigo cables. very revealing , in some systems it seemed very bright but its great to experiment. don`t overpay for the standard one as the plus version has devalued it

advertisement

Back