advertisement

Chord Hugo TT - Power Supply upgrade ??

monty

pfm Member
Hi All,

I'm thinking of upgrading my DAC's power supply but the manual states only to use the supplied wall wart.

Has any Hugo TT owners upgraded and seen a benefit? I ask as my old DAC was transformed by using a better power supply, although the Hugo TT improved on it. I'm nervous of going against manufacturer guidance though .....

Cheers

I wouldn't- it runs off its batteries. Surely the Hugo doesn't 'see' the wallwart? If you could hear an obvious difference between wallwart on and off then that might prompt further experimentation.

I wouldn't- it runs off its batteries. Surely the Hugo doesn't 'see' the wallwart? If you could hear an obvious difference between wallwart on and off then that might prompt further experimentation.
Ah - yes of course. Good point. Forgot it was battery powered....

The designer has stated that linear PSU's or car batteries shouldn't make a difference to any of his DAC's. especially the battery powered Hugo's.

I should clarify that by saying "current Dac's". His older models such as the Qute might have benefited.

The designer has stated that linear PSU's or car batteries shouldn't make a difference to any of his DAC's. especially the battery powered Hugo's.

But he's just the designer. What does he know? :)

But he's just the designer. What does he know? :)

Exactly! In spite of his assurances that a ubiquitous linear PSU wont make one jot of difference to the performance of his DAC's there are still plenty of audiophiles that seem to know better. :)

advertisement

Back