advertisement

Charlottesville/"alt-right"/American fascism

Our racist idiots can't get hold of guns, but they certainly exist. The EDL, Britain First, BNP, NF and a fair chunk of UKIP are all of this mindset. They are simiarly growing in numbers empowered by racists like "Tommy Robinson", Nigel Farage, Aron Banks, James Dellingpole, Katie Hopkins, The Sun, Mail, Breitbart etc. It is all the same shit. We've already seen an MP murdered, an immigrant kicked to death and a van driven into a Mosque.

Exactly. The situation will get increasingly bad as we head towards Brexit.

Jack

True, but I think we can now discount that particular source of supply!

I don't think so. Virtually all of Gaddafi's armoury was stolen, so many of those weapons are out there.
That's were the Daeshish insurgents who caused so much misery in Mali got most of their weapons.

I don't think so. Virtually all of Gaddafi's armoury was stolen, so many of those weapons are out there.
That's were the Daeshish insurgents who caused so much misery in Mali got most of their weapons.

True, but the difference is that both Noraid and Gaddafi represented deliberate, concerted attempts to supply arms to the IRA. In the present total state of chaos in present-day Libya, I'd imagine that the locals are too busy trying to win and keep their own territory than export weaponry to other places.

If weaponry were to become available to right-wing nutters outside the USA, it would most certainly come from the USA, where such weapons are easily obtained (as evidenced by the massive artillery on show in Charlottesville).

As I understand it, only the US military and police have access to fully automatic weapons - the ones available to civilians are semi-automatic. However, I believe there are ways to convert to fully automatic.

Weapons are as hard to get as cocaine, outside USA.

I don't agree. Cocaine is very easy to obtain and cheap, firearms very hard and very expensive. This being why they thankfully tend to be limited to drug gangs (a huge multi-£bn industry) and even then tend to be used in a very targeted manner as the bullets are apparently the hardest to obtain bit. I can't see how some unemployable loser fascist or Islamist could afford to enter that game. Hence the use of cars, vans, knives, DIY bombs etc.

So called "crooked hilary" pretty much nails it 12 months ago.

Come on max defend your man...

Last edited by a moderator:
A shame, he must prefer an echo chamber to endlessly being proven wrong! He's certainly welcome here/not banned or anything.

I don't agree. Cocaine is very easy to obtain and cheap, firearms very hard and very expensive. This being why they thankfully tend to be limited to drug gangs (a huge multi-£bn industry) and even then tend to be used in a very targeted manner as the bullets are apparently the hardest to obtain bit. I can't see how some unemployable loser fascist or Islamist could afford to enter that game. Hence the use of cars, vans, knives, DIY bombs etc.

Anyone on welfare can buy an automatic machine gun, online, you probably know. Yes it is disturbing, maybe even disturbing enough to let people think it is hard and expensive. Not any police action sofar has had an effect on prices, just like with cocaine, and yes distribution channel is comparable, main drug "gangs" do weapons too. UK illegal weapons market is "our" main export market, "we" being the Dutch, second biggest exporters of illegal firearms in the world, behind USA. But you conveniently know "us" from cocaine and other drugs. We have a service economy :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4k5bWPPc94

Ah, I hadn't realised you were in/talking about Europe, and yes, it is a different scenario there as Charlie Hebdo, Bataclan etc testify. Thankfully the UK being an island makes it a heck of a lot harder and more expensive to get the things in.

As I understand it, only the US military and police have access to fully automatic weapons - the ones available to civilians are semi-automatic. However, I believe there are ways to convert to fully automatic.
Soldiers usually avoid full-auto mode on their rifles, it empties the magazine too quickly.

A shame, he must prefer an echo chamber to endlessly being proven wrong! He's certainly welcome here/not banned or anything.

from what i have seen, he's been correct about 90% of the time. what you and many others don't like is his style, frequent poor choice of figures of speech and. most of all, challenges to your unconscious fascist and authoritarian sympathies.

you clearly do miss him, nonetheless (the way trump ended up missed jeb bush -- his favourite primaries chew-toy), so maybe these clips on the thread topic, which i can guarantee he has watched, may tide you over for a bit:

vuk.

Last edited by a moderator:

advertisement

Back