1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Castles

Discussion in 'photo' started by andyoz, Aug 31, 2008.

1. andyoz

andyoz pfm Member

...Loads of castles where I live.

Snapped these ones of Moyry Castle near the North/South Irish border.

Opinions/suggestions (I don't have Photoshop :()?

EDIT: I just changed the images to the ones Photoshoped by Cliff...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. prowla

prowla pfm Member

It looks like a little square-shaped wimble person with arms by its sides.

3. andyoz

andyoz pfm Member

ha, ha, the round corners are unusual for a castle of that era apparently.

Makes it very photogenic I think...

Are there any Photoshop pro's out there that want to play with the original files. I'd like to see the before/afters as I'm a novice.

4. cliffpatte

cliffpatte Speed camera anarchist

Andy,

The top one looks OK to me, although the blue sky could be bluer - you might want to try a PL filter next time. Failing that a little curving and sharpening might help which you can do in Capture NX - 60 day trial here

Feel free to PM me a link to the original RAW file if you have it.

Cliff

5. andyoz

andyoz pfm Member

Cliff,

I only have them as jpegs'...told you I was a novice.:)

I must admit I am a wee bit of a castle annorak and want to get a collection of photos together to get framed. My next subject is this beauty ofm a wreck that's hidden away and barely seen by anyone, especially tourists. It's actually massive (crap photo but I was rushed on the day with kiddies to sort out).

You can see the barrel distortion on my lense...

[​IMG]

6. cliffpatte

cliffpatte Speed camera anarchist

Hi andy

if you shoot a regular pattern as a test at each focal length, you can work out the parameters needed to fix the distortion on the lens. I have had a go based on my feel for what it should look like:

[​IMG]

cheers
    Cliff