advertisement

Capacitor recommendation for a DPA Little Bit DAC

starbuck

pfm Member
I am just about to fix a faulty RCA input on a Little Bit DAC and thought I would take the opportunity to renew the two 35V 1000uF capacitors whilst I had the PCB out. I just wondered if anyone could recommend a particular brand/type, ideally one available via ebay so that I don't have to make up a minimum order quantity for free postage from other suppliers?

I have used the brand Suncon 1000uf/35v or 50v 105c without any trouble. Some with very good knowledge recommended me Panasonic, Nichicon or similar reliable industrial-quality part.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am happy enough to desolder existing ones and solder in replacements but have no experience of choosing brands at all, so it is good to have some names to search for.

Thanks for the suggestions (and for the thought, hifi-dog), I've ordered some Panasonic FC which should arrive early next week.

funny you ask that, just upgraded the main power caps in the bigger bit with black gates (audio note now make a version of it from the same company that built the BG, not sure how close they come, as they are relatively cheap and knowing AN well.... doubt it matches the BG)and oscons in the regulators for the op amps. Detailed, lowered noise floor silky smooth musical as you would expect for a black gate. Wonder about the op amps. They put discetes in their 'lesser dacs' but decided the Big Bit shouldn't have one. Using the classic ne5522 very musical but slightly veiled in my opinion. Then again its all about the design . IMHO Black GAtes have a special synergy with DACS rather than other types of equipment

advertisement

Back