advertisement

Cable lifters anyone?

Why not make it really interesting and merge this thread with the Power cable thread....

'who uses cable lifters under their power cables ?' :rolleyes:

That's just silly, power cables are just foo whereas cable lifters are a genuine leap forward in auditory improvements where blacks are blacker and instruments are so separated they need a visa.

Your mains supply wouldn't work without them.

220px-Pylon_ds.jpg

Why would your speaker cables...:confused:

Cable lifters are OK at best on their own, but you really should invest in some cable-lifter lifters, so-as to further decouple money from your bank account.

Don't bother to do any cable-art anymore either, out of sight is out of mind.

Wonder how some nicely terminated 10mm T&E would fare for speaker cable, it costs the same per meter as what most 1.5mm speaker cable costs, only would have far lower resistance....could spraypaint it custom colours too!

Don't forget to site each cable lifter on eleven levels of Mana or you might as well not bother.

Ideally, what you want are cables completely isolated from any vibration, RFI, jitter and other Bad Things. The answer is to enclose them in a vacuum 'sleeve'. These are available commercially for $$$$$$, but I've rigged up my own using a couple of Dysons and some plastic pipes. Yes, the Dysons are noisy, but I wear ear protectors and, even though I can't hear the music, I know it must sound better than any system where cables are exposed to the Bad Things.

Use an fully active speaker setup, connected to source by WISA... ergo... no cables needed.. :)

Hang on. Yes, if possible, I would prefer to keep my mains leads a bit of a distance from what's coming out of my low output MC cart thanks.

Right, as you were...

I've tried hard to have a tidy cable arrangement, but whatever scheme I adopt it is wrecked by the next change of equipment so now I just leave them dangling (which is probably better since they only touch in a couple of places. Oh hang on though - what about microphony ...AAGH)

Claire,

Try Queen Chrysalis when you fancy a change-ling.

Joe

advertisement

Back