1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Brexit: Article 50 to be triggered 29 March

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Joe Hutch, Mar 20, 2017.

1. richgilb

richgilb I'd have voted out lol....

I reckon she's a bigger nightmare than Thatcher in that with Thatcher you knew she what she wanted and that she was going to get it. May snuck in through the side door, initially a Euro-sceptic, then campaigned for remain , then went hard Brexit. What exactly does she believe in?

2. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

Based on her track record:

Limiting immigration. By any and all means, and at any cost.

3. kennyh

kennyh pfm Member

That question would be better off aimed at Corbyn, a bloke you raved on not long ago.

He's all for it so I guess that's game over when the 2 main parties both agree on it.

Also it's not really a Tory Brexit is it? More a UKIP forced Brexit.

4. Ragaman

Ragaman pfm Member

It's about bloody time i say.

5. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

[​IMG]

Although to be fair that doesn't include out Kimchi deal with South Korea.

6. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

7. Ragaman

Ragaman pfm Member

Meltdown? Armageddon, end of humanity?

8. Mikeandvan

Mikeandvan Banned

9. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Of course it is Tory-Brexit, that reckless entitled Bullingdon shit Cameron thought he could prevent losing MPs and seats to UKIP and win the general election by taking a massive gamble that he could also win a referendum. He lost and has as a result likely plunged the UK into a very dark place for a very long time. The whole thing was a hopelessly misguided election stunt. This will turn out for the Tory party what Iraq was to Labour, except probably a lot worse as the destruction will be at home and counted in jobs, wages and services, not thousands of miles away. The only bonus is it might eventually keep the Tories out of power for a very long time. The public opinion penny will eventually drop, just as it did with Iraq.

10. kennyh

kennyh pfm Member

That's what I said, UKIP forced it. The "Bullingdon shit" stuff is irrevevant really.

With a proper opposition this situation would never have occurred.

11. Mikeandvan

Mikeandvan Banned

Have to say as a sceptic I haven't read anything positive about Brexit. What puzzles me is that a Tory government got us out of the EU when it took us quite a long time and hard work to gain membership in the first place. Any leave arguments I've heard have all been to do with democracy, but now the excitement clearly seems to have fizzled out from this quarter. May'be if others leave, then the whole lot unravels, not as way out as it may sound. Anyway, I hope its not gonna be the catastrophe some are predicting. May'be a bit of wobble, a readjustment, and back to relative normality, who knows with all the red tape cut, UK business may thrive again!! I think not.

12. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

13. Philim

Philim pfm Member

Tony
    If you want a list of how we ended up here...

1. Labour over spent in the noughties leaving this country with a **** off deficit to close.
    2. Nobody wants to pay for said deficit. Everyone thinks every other person should pay for it.
    3. The moment anyone tries to take action to close the deficit they scream and shout like the latest NICs debacle.
    4. As nobody wants to pay for deficit the government has to cut costs reducing services and investment leaving country in disrepair and struggling.
    5. At the same time the country has significant population growth with uncontrolled migration. Services can't cope, there is not enough investment etc. That element can be traced back cross party as whilst labour can be blamed neither the coalition nor Tories did any better.
    6. The racist slur was used and is used too much by the liberal left which alienated a lot of right and central voters.
    7. The EU and Cameron failed to acknowledge this coming in 2015 when Cameron tried to negotiate with EU. A few more concessions probably wouldn't have resulted in brexit.
    8. Corbyn as leader of labour failed to support remain at the time of voting in any meaningful way.
    9. The remain campaign was too antagonistic.

So for me there are a lot of reasons why we are in brexit. I suspect I will be told a lot more. It is not a Tory but cross party issue - a 1/3rd of SNP voted brexit, over a 1/3rd of labour, more than half of Tory (some of which were previously labour supporters). The sooner we face up to it the better.

For record (again!) I voted lib dem and I voted remain but I also cannot stand the narrow minded petty bullying that takes place on here just because someone voted Tory. So what! Just because you voted lib dem and labour that makes you a ****ing saint???

14. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

March 29, 2017- Theresa May's Black Wednesday. Davis will lead the negotiations, making Lamont's Wednesday look like small change.

15. Mikeandvan

Mikeandvan Banned

I can't remember a government in my lifetime who hasn't been illiberal. Its the economics we should be worrying about most, the 'democracy' stuff was all crap methinks.

16. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Exactly. However the Tories will win the next general election. The end of the initial Brexit process will occur just before it. The BBC and newspapers are consistently reporting that Corbyn and Labour are inept and have nothing to offer.

Come 2025 though the Tories will be kicked out for a very long time. By then we will have lived five years outside the EU. An educated guess it the economy will tank during this period. The citizens of whatever is left of the UK will be badly effected.

Jack

17. TheDecameron

The Tory papers are going to need lots of side shows to distract from May's shitshow which opens for a two year run next week.

18. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

Sounds like May drives a hard bargain:

The Brexit negotiations are in safe hands.

19. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

You're completely right.

Jack

20. TheDecameron

Items will include-

President Trump has plans ready for our rescue.
    Jeremy Corbyn is taking orders from Hamas
    Nicola Sturgeon wants to break up the UK
    EU has plans in place to make us suffer
    Switzerland ready to give us back our missing Toblerone sections
    Fat people told to stop using the NHS