advertisement

Brexit: a re-vote

If anyone has been affected by this post, or had their sausage inappropriately touched, please call crime stoppers.

Once bent, always bent. You can't trust 'em.
Keep sausages straight, on the good and narrow (chipolata's excluded)

Bloss

His Excellency Bojo is asserting that Britain must not become a "vassal state of the EU" -he much prefers a vassal state of the Bullingdon order where everyone gets poorer to keep his cronies wealthy.

I might humbly suggest that unreformed Brexitiers be disbarred from obtaining one, though obviously Leave voters who have changed their minds will be welcome.

I think a 3 year university course on the EU should be a pre-requisite for any Leave voter applying for the associate EU passport, so they can once again enjoy the priveledges that they voted away out of sheer stupidity.

Breathtaking. One subject that I've valued learning about this year is the partition of India / Pakistan; this being the 70th anniversary. Much of what happened is horrifying. Mr Letts appears to be an utter arse.
Coincidentally, we finally got round to watching the 7 days that rocked India documentary, recorded from earlier this year (we watched a lot of the partition history coverage when it was on around the time of the anniversary, but not this one). One thing that stood out for us was the statement that Mountbatten, as the last Viceroy, determined that partition would take place in 60 days (or thereabouts) without any inkling of what that would entail. The resulting chaos and carnage can, in large degree, be attributed to the unpreparedness for the seismic events which were taking place.

My wife and I looked at each other and, pretty much at the same time, said 'this looks a lot like Brexit, doesn't it?'

Some seem to start making parallels between Brexit and the Indian Partition. You are all joking, I presume.

We just got out the burning building in time-

(Courtesy of Robert Peston)

DRSYtj7WAAIWtyb

Some seem to start making parallels between Brexit and the Indian Partition. You are all joking, I presume.

Quentin Letts did. He's a posh Tory-boy idiot who writes supposedly amusing parliamentary vignettes for the far-right press. I shared his "Boris = Ghandi" tweet to illustrate the depths of idiocy of Brexit fundamentalists.

...those sunlit uplands are going to have to be pretty up. and sunny! :(

Quentin Letts did. He's a posh Tory-boy idiot who writes supposedly amusing parliamentary vignettes for the far-right press. I shared his "Boris = Ghandi" tweet to illustrate the depths of idiocy of Brexit fundamentalists.

He takes his lead from Her Majesty's Foreign and Commonwealth Secretary - a man compelled to avoid the difficult questions and when not avoiding, reveals the lazy ignorance of his brief while theatrically waving his arms around and invoking Kipling. It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

advertisement

Back